What It's Really Like Being A Vegetarian

People have many assumptions about vegetarians, but here's the truth about what the lifestyle is really like.

48
One Green Planet

1. Everyone thinks that you are a health machine and that all you eat is salad 24/7, but you probably consume more pizza than vegetables.

2. However, you do get cravings for certain vegetables or fruit if you haven't had them in a while. Your body knows what nutrients it needs and will try to tell you.

3. Many misinformed people question how you get your protein, as if meat is the only source.

4. You contemplate getting a juicer because you think you'll use it all the time, but when you finally do, it rarely gets used.

5. People think that your meat substitutes are gross and unnatural, as if their dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets aren't manufactured.

6. You see some vegetable soup... but it's made with chicken broth.

7. You get insanely happy when you find someone else who is a vegetarian. Instant best friends.

8. You get frustrated when people say they love dogs, but then say that they could care less about farm animals because they're 'different'.

9. You really can't see yourself ever going back to being a meat-eater.

10. Giving up any animal product is not really that difficult...except for cheese, but you still try and are determined to make that step one day.