What Morehouse Has Done For Me

What Morehouse Has Done For Me

The things that Morehouse helped shaped me

14
What Morehouse Has Done For Me
college flags and bannners

Morehouse College is known for producing the cream of the crop amongst black males. Black Excellence is a major theme at Morehouse College, and it has driven me to become the best man I can be. It is crazy to think that one would not have fun at an all-male institution. Contrary to those who say otherwise, Morehouse prepares men for the real world. From dress etiquette to running events on campus, a student learns the tools he needs to succeed in the real world. I remember on my first day at Morehouse I learned how to dress well, learning what not to wear with a suit. I learned how to tie a tie and tie it efficiently. I feel as if I would not have learned this at all or quickly at another institution. Being at Morehouse, I also learned how to present myself well during interviews, and how to sell myself to show the interviewer that I am the right person for the job. Before attending college, I was a very shy person and often staid my shell. Now I still have shy tendencies, but I am not afraid to actually speak up and let my voice be heard. Being a Man of Morehouse, I learned the power of networking , and how to use resources to your benefit. Being the quiet one in the room does not get your foot in the door, and it is amazing to think how college can change a person. It can change the way they eat, think, and interact. I also learned certain skill sets about me that I didn't know I was good at. I learned how to be persistent,and to not be a quitter when achieving a goal. Dealing with obstacles at Morehouse helped me develop into a man who can get around certain obstacles. I would like to thank Morehouse College into help shaping the man I am today.