What It`s Like To Be Editor In Chief

What It`s Like To Be Editor In Chief

Recent Promotion To Editor In Chief

117
What It`s Like To Be Editor In Chief

As of this summer, I am the new Editor In Chief for the Stevenson community which brings its perks and downfalls. One of my favorite parts of being the new EIC, is that I get to be in charge of people and help guide them in their writing journey. Yes as much as I like being in charge of people, there can be some problems that go along. Every week I have to motivate myself and them to get their articles in, which can be stressful, but in a good way. I am a new graduate from college, and taking a summer class but that is about it. I am still looking for a job, and it is nice to have less work to do during my time out of college. Don`t get me wrong, I love being EIC, and helping others but it can have some downfalls but overall it has been a positively great experience. I hope to continue for a long time, yet I might have to give it up one day, but I will worry about that then!

Being Editor in Chief helps with many things including job hunting. Ever since I was promoted from just a writer to editor I have something to talk about with employers who I am looking to work for. Just recently I got information about an publisher opportunity with a local media company that I am looking into for work. Having this background in writing and editing helps with that but also is a conversation starter in the world. I have not really used it in my time at Stevenson, but now that I am EIC, maybe I could use it for when I interview with companies about writing.

Overall, it has been a great pleasure being EIC and I will continue to strive to keep with it each week. Along with that, I love writing for it, and basically writing for myself as well as the rest of the community. I hope to grow it as school starts back up in the fall, even though I will not be around in person, I will still be on here thriving!