What It's Like Being The Girl Who Is Always "Cool To Talk To"

Will I ever be enough for someone?

515
pixabay

I have a lot of guy friends, and most of them I see as just a friend, but sometimes there's one that slips through the cracks. Especially if they have a nice smile and we can talk about anything for hours. I do not fall for guys easily, surprisingly, but when you connect with someone it's hard to stop the feelings, trust me, I've tried.

Then your mutual friends start saying they see the signs that he likes you and you have a decision to make. Do you tell him how you feel even if it will alter your friendship? Or do you sit on it forever and let it eat you alive? You finally muster up the courage to tell him how you feel, despite your insecurities screaming at you.

He replies with "you're really awesome to talk to" along with a long message about you just being friends. You dread those words and you did not want it to turn out like this.

On one hand, you are grateful that you told him how you felt despite the response but on the other hand, you are heartbroken. You start wondering if you looked different or didn't talk too much would someone think of you as girlfriend material? It's hard to talk to him every day but you still do it because he is your friend.

In "Riverdale" Betty was friends with Archie for many years. She developed feelings for him understandably because I mean look at him. However, when she told him her feelings, he told her he always viewed her as a friend.

I know life is not a TV show or a movie but that's exactly how I felt when it happened to me. You can't control who someone likes or what they feel. Even though it didn't turn out the way that I wanted it to, I praised myself for being courageous. I guess I will just have to wait for the guy who thinks "I'm cool to talk to" AND wants to be in a relationship with me.