A Letter To People Against The Black Lives Matter Movement
News

Please read with an open mind.

54
Photo Credit to aljazeera.com

Here's the truth. I have been having trouble finding something to write about with all of the riots, social media posts, and just the sheer amount of information overload the media has catapulted onto us.

I sit behind my device reading all of the updates in the news and I feel overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with all of the pain and grief my friends and family are under because of everything that has been going on. Finally, their turmoil is coming to light.

There are people out in the world that are tired of seeing all of the Black Lives Matter content all over social media. They want life to go back to normal, without the Coronavirus, and without any protests. If this is you, I welcome you to my letter.

Without these very important protests and changes to policies, life cannot progress forward. We cannot live in a country where one race is considered less than, even if it is not as "obvious" as it was fifty years ago.

It doesn't matter what you believe. Listen to the world around you. Do you allow yourself to create a world around you where everyone believes in the same things you do? Let's explore that question.

In the days of social media, an echo chamber is something that people tend to, unknowingly, allow themselves to fall into. An echo chamber, according to Dictionary.com, is "...an environment in which the same opinions are repeatedly voiced and promoted, so that people are not exposed to opposing views."

Can you understand why this can be problematic?

If everyone, regardless of what you believe in, stays inside their comfortable echo chamber, progress will never be made. People will continue to protest about the same things for the rest of our existence. Politicians' words will fall, people will continue to not go out to vote. Life will stay the same.

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

I dream of a world where everyone listens to each other's pain. We learn from the life experiences of others and BELIEVE in their pain. We do something so our people do not feel the same pain anymore.

Because, in my opinion, that is why we should live. To further spread positivity, love, and encouragement to everyone so the world can be a better place.

Overall, please listen to each other. Do not allow yourself to fall into an echo chamber. Listen to what people are saying about the Black Lives Matter Protests, because maybe.... just maybe.... the world can be a better place.

Thank you for reading.