What Is Somatic Therapy And How Can It Benefit You?

33
Somatic Therapy

Mental health and trauma is a serious thing to deal with. In most cases, the patients with mental trauma are not treated correctly with what they need. When someone is experiencing something dramatic, it should be taken on a serious note. The mental trauma of a person can last for years. If it is not treated properly, it can lead someone to extreme psychological problems. Here comes the necessity of somatic therapy for patients with traumatic stress.

Before the symptoms of post-traumatic stress become, a patient must be treated with somatic therapy. You can contact any doctor for somatic psychotherapy in Oakland. This therapy helps a patient to overcome traumatic stress both mentally and physically.

What Is Somatic Therapy?

It is a holistic therapeutic approach for mental trauma treatment. In this healing process, the patient's mind, spirit, and body are incorporated. This therapy affects a person's feelings, thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes directly. As post-traumatic stress can harm a person's physical condition, somatic therapy deals with them as well. Somatic therapy has an excellent impact on physical functioning.

The largest branch of somatic psychology is somatic psychotherapy. This therapy improves a person's mental health by connecting his body and mind. It leads a mental trauma patient towards healing gradually. Another name of this therapy is body psychotherapy.

When Is Somatic Therapy Necessary?

Generally, somatic therapy is used for the treatment of post-traumatic stress. It is needed for both psychological and physical symptoms caused by mental health issues. You should know when this therapy is needed for your mental health improvement. There are some specific symptoms for which you need to visit a psychiatrist to get somatic psychotherapy, such as anxiety, stress, grief, depression, addiction, abuse, trauma, etc. All the symptoms indicate your bad mental condition.

How Does Somatic Therapy Work?

Traditional mental therapies work on a person's mental and emotional health. Unlike them, somatic therapy treats a person's mental health issues by connecting his body, mind, and emotions. It helps a person to overcome the physical problems along with mental problems caused by post-traumatic stress. The experts of somatic psychotherapy in Oakland treat their patients by observing the changes in physical and mental health.

Somatic therapy does not include various emotional and mental health challenges. Also, it is not done by top therapy. The patients go through this therapy by only noticing the communication of the body. This therapy is done by connecting a person's mind with his body.

Benefits Of Somatic Therapy

Somatic therapy is a life-changing experience for improving mental health. It benefits you in different ways. Now, we will discuss the benefits you can get from somatic psychotherapy. Here, some benefits are listed below.

• This therapy changes your brain and body. They become connected for survival. It creates a conscious state of emotional balance.
  • Somatic therapy changes your thought process and makes you positive minded. You can gain insight into your behaviours years after experiencing this therapy.
  • It helps you to remove all the physical and emotional blocks which are holding you back from overcoming post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
  • It helps you to observe your body sensations which leads you towards mental healing by therapeutic steps.
  • This therapy reduces your judgemental thoughts about yourself. Distract Your mind from self-talk about your emotional sensations.
  • Experts of somatic psychotherapy in Oakland help you to overcome the physical issues due to traumatic stress such as chronic pain, sleep problems, breathing problems, digestion issues, etc.

Conclusion

Post-traumatic stress symptoms can immensely harm a person. It can cause permanent psychological issues to a person. That is why treatment of traumatic situations is essential. Somatic therapy is a new form of psychological treatment, which connects a person's physical, mental, and emotional health. Gradually, a person can heal himself physically, emotionally, and mentally through this therapy.