What Is It Like Living In A Bubble?

What Is It Like Living In A Bubble?

The advantages and drawbacks of living in a sheltered community.

164
What Is It Like Living In A Bubble?
Imgur

Every city has its own charm and appeal but also its drawbacks. Johns Creek, Georgia is no exception. In many ways, this city is a world of its own. While Johns Creek, cozily nestled in greater Atlanta, resembles the real world, it is quite different. In fact, the average annual income of a Johns Creek resident is three to four times the average annual income of a Georgia resident. People that have never lived outside of this city falsely assume that the rest of the world is similar to it. Let us explore the real advantages and disadvantages of living in such a sheltered community.

Novelty

Advantage: As the city was only created in December 2006, many of the buildings and real estate are newer.

Drawback: There is a lack of vintage architecture in the area.

No Homeless People

Advantage: The general atmosphere of the city is much more positive.

Drawback: Many residents of the area lose perspective of the real world and tend to assume that everyone is just as fortunate as they are.

Melting Pot

Advantage: Johns Creek is a multicultural area and residents have the opportunity to interact with and learn about different people. The variety in the atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to live.

Drawback: There are cases of discrimination, bullying and stereotyping due to cultural, ethnic, racial or other differences.

Lack of Income Diversity

Advantage: There are very few cases of income-based discrimination or snobbery due to wealth.

Drawback: This creates a false perception of the world as living in Johns Creek makes one think that everyone is as blessed as they are.

Low Crime Rate

Advantage: With the low crime rate of 8%, Johns Creek is safer than 81% of all cities in the United States of America. In fact, the rate of violent crimes in Johns Creek is less than 1%.

Drawback: Residents of Johns Creek are highly unprepared in the case of a crime and live in a false sense of security.

No Public Transport

Advantage: Travelling is much safer as most people do so with their own vehicles.

Drawback: There are high levels of air pollution due to the multitude of personal cars and Uber drivers.

High Education

Advantage: The community as a whole is more educated and younger residents are very likely to attend a top college.

Drawback: There is a lot of peer and family pressure to attend a top college. This environment discourages alternate career paths, such as joining the military.

Silent Cost Factor

Advantage: The quality of goods and services in Johns Creek is very high.

Drawback: The average cost of goods and services is higher than other cities.