What is going on these days?

What is going on these days?

Trying to make sense of everything.
377

On Sunday, October 1, 2017, in Las Vagas Nevada, a 64-year-old man opened fire 32 floors up in a hotel on people at a country music festival in Las Vagas. It was one man killing 53, and injuring 500.

Over the past week, all I've heard this week was everyone talking about the Las Vagas shooting. It just hurts me to see these things happening in our country. Reading about the investigation scares me a bit. However, I still get sucked into finding out what the motive was and how that can be stopped.

As Americans, I think we need to try and focus on how we can prevent this. There needs to be some control over guns. I know as Americans, we have the right to bear arms, however, I think there needs to be some control into this. This is just my opinion and many people have their own opinions on this topic.

The things that question me about this shooting is how can one individual do all this alone? Why did he want to do this? What was going through his mind when he did this? Were there people who could stop him? Did anyone know of this before he did the shooting?

It hurts me to know that there are people out there that have that mindset. It also scares me to even open up my computer anymore and see a notification come through from CNN about "Breaking News". We need to stop this hate in the world.

However, I have hope still.

I still have hope in our country and world. There are incredible people out there still. It gives me hope when I see people helping other people, individuals doing good deeds and so on. On NBC Nightly News, ABC World News etc. most of the nightly world news stations do a segment about people doing good stuff. This is what I long for. After 25 minutes of watching news stories that make me sad, it's nice to see the 5 minutes of people doing good in the world.

Why can't we have 30 minutes of good news and not bad news? I think as individuals, we should strive to have the news stations. Seeing people doing good in our country and world gives me hope knowing there are still people out there that also like to spread the message of hope.

I'm going to leave you with this until my next article, I want you all to try and do something good this week. Holding the door open for someone, saying a compliment to someone. Try to spread love and peace in this country and world because a little bit of love and peace goes a long way.