7 Things I Am Thankful For This Thanksgiving Day

or me, this is a holiday I started taking more seriously as the years went on, so there are sometimes I am thankful for from the basics to the more serious.

121
Quotesgram

It’s that time of year again where college students come home to see their families, several of their friends and more importantly, stuff their faces with food until the food coma hits. Although Thanksgiving is that holiday where we need to be thankful for so many things whether they are big or small. For me, this is a holiday I started taking more seriously as the years went on, so there are sometimes I am thankful for from the basics to the more serious.

Food

Of course, food is such a joy in everyone’s lives. It’s the key to living, staying healthy (in some cases) and just life in general.

The Internet

The fact that people came up with a thing that people abuse so much when the reality of using it in small portions is better makes it so much easier to find the entertainment and social media websites like YouTube and Facebook.

Netflix, Hulu, Anything TV/Movie Related

Days you can relax and watch television on a TV or using Netflix and Hulu to catch up on a series or watch a brand-new movie are the days you wish you can have every single day.

Living in a House

The basic speech of having a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, having normal indoor plumbing and so on needs to be taken more seriously! No one appreciates it where they lives or abuses their home with all of their ability and it needs to stop!

Having Friends That Want Me

It’s hard to find people that want you for who you are and no matter how much you change as a person. It’s hard to finds those who want to stick by you and love telling you you’re their friend and they wouldn’t want it any other way.

Having A Caring Family That’s Still Growing

Families aren’t always blood, and yes that is said often. All the people I call my family, even my blood relatives, are people that loved me from the day I was born whether I knew them long enough or just met them. The support that is forever shown is something no one can take away from me.

Every Challenge, Obstacle, Life Event and Achievement That Came My Way

All the things that happen in life are meant to happen for a reason (if I had a nickel for every time I heard that saying). I never wanted it to be true but the more that has come my way the more I accepted it, took it with a grain of salt and moved past the bad and kept up with the future of where my achievements got me.

I hope what you’re thankful for is somewhat similar to what I’m thankful for. Now go get a food coma from a turkey dinner and have a Happy Thanksgiving!