What Homecoming Means to Me

What Homecoming Means to Me

More than just a trip home

178
What Homecoming Means to Me

Time to reminisce. You go back to your hometown where you grew up with a lifetime full of memories. If you’re from a small town like me you drive around and think of all the good times you had at the ten (that’s being generous) hangout places. You stop by your school and talk with the teachers that you loved and realize that they’re even cooler than you thought. Everything you see brings back a memory; a Friday night game, first kiss, heartbreak, new friends, first car, clubs, sports and then graduation. You get to see all of your old friends that are now scattered around the states going to college and living their lives. Homecoming for me brings back some of my best memories so let's take a trip down memory lane.

1st Grade

I broke my collar bone because my friend and I decided it would be a great idea to stack pillows on each other then jump on one another. Not one of my brightest times. Also a week later I fell out of my chair in class with my broken bone.

2nd Grade

I didn’t get the teacher all my friends had and I made my first B (very upsetting times).

3rd Grade

I had class in a trailer outside and now all those trailers are gone. We also had a class dance-off outside and my friend did a head spin getting grass all in his hair.

4th Grade

Honestly not really sure of anything crazy that happened this year, but I probably went to our school's awesome fall festival and I may have broken my elbow from jumping out of a swing and I chose a lime green cast.

5th Grade

This was my last year in “kid” school I was getting to go to middle school next year. I played lots of challenge 24 (which I sucked at) and everyone thought you were cool because we were at the top of the school.

6th Grade

I went to middle school and it was super weird not sitting in the same class all day.

7th Grade

I started a girls bible study and while all my friends joined the band and orchestra I learned that I wasn’t musically gifted at all.

8th Grade

At the end of the year, my school did an eighth-grade walk over to the high school while parents held signs and cheered then we got to see what our new school looked like. (I wore cowgirl boots this day which I highly regret)

9th Grade

I joined that cross country team thinking that it would be an easy way to get a letterman jacket. Little did I know I would continue this for all of high school, meet some amazing friends, get MVP, and become the captain my senior year.

10th Grade

I started dating the sweetest boy around. Also joined yearbook which gave me a passion for photography, graphic design, writing and so much more. (In addition to an amazing teacher and awesome friends along the way.)

11th Grade

Me and my best friend got in a really big fight, I had a super hard physics class, ACT and SAT we’re both killing me. This year was one of the toughest but the most growing years of my life. I started going to a new church and met a lot of new friends.

12th Grade

I was editor in chief of the yearbook, captain of the cross country team, and founder of FCA. I got to take a trip to Spain which was absolutely amazing. I was on homecoming court and voted best all around. Life was good and friends were awesome. We had a senior camp out on our campus leading to sleeping in cars. I graduated top 10% of my class and had gotten into both colleges I applied to, Kennesaw and GCSU. This was probably the best year of my time at Ola High School.

All of these years important things have happened in my life and going home for homecoming brings back all of these memories plus more. I am super thanful for all of my experices and all the people in my life. I hope that everyone gets to go home for their homecoming and reminisce on all the good times or even some of the bad times that made you into the person you are today.