What Your Hogwarts House Says About You

What Your Hogwarts House Says About You

"We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better." -J.K. Rowling.

3005
What Your Hogwarts House Says About You

This is for all the Harry Potter fanatics out there. If you're anything like me, Harry Potter holds a special place in your heart. There's a good chance you cried when Hedwig died (and Dobby… and Dumbledore… and Sirius... and Fred… and Severus – do I need to continue?) You know that he-who-must-not-be-named is the worst person to ever be created (besides Dolores Umbridge). You would probably give anything to have a real chocolate frog and butter beer, as well as to have a potions class instead of statistics or a job.

There's a good chance that if you're a Harry Potter fanatic, you know what Hogwarts House you belong in. You had a good idea of where you thought you belonged when you read the books. You've probably taken all the online quizzes you can find. You claim your House with pride unless you're a Hufflepuff (just kidding Hufflepuffs, you all are great too).

In honor of Harry Potter Weekend on ABC Family, I've decided to give my analysis of the personality traits of people who lie within each house. Sit back, find your house, and enjoy.

(If you haven't already done so, I recommend signing up for a www.pottermore.com account right now and take the quiz to find out your true Hogwarts home, according to J.K. Rowling)

Let's start with none other than Gryffindor:

• Named after its founder Godric Gryffindor, this house is probably viewed as the most popular of the four with a big thanks to HP himself. Gryffindor is ultimately known to contain people who are altogether brave. If you're a member, there is a good chance you are daring and willing to take risks. There's a fire down in your soul that drives you to want to obtain glory. Although you like to take chances, you always take precaution before you do anything. You are not afraid to take a stand for what you believe in. You're a people person and enjoy the company of others. You always have your friend's backs no matter what. You are a natural leader. Your perseverance will ultimately lead you to the glory you seek, causing you to be remembered.

Slytherin:

• Despite its bad rep from some haters, this house founded by Salazar Slytherin isn't nearly as bad as people have made it out to seem. People who are in the Slytherin house are typically very ambitious and as everyone knows, ambition is the key to a successful life. If you're a Slytherin there's a good chance you are resourceful. You are probably able to stay very calm in almost every situation you come into. You tend to know what is best for you and you can and will do anything to make sure that it happens. You're sly. You're cunning. You don't care what others think about you. You don't wear your emotions on your sleeve because you see that as a sign of weakness. You are charming and have the ability to put others at ease. You have a close group of friends that you cherish. You won't back down and you could even be considered confrontational. You crave adrenaline. You will go far in life because you refuse to have it any other way. Despite people judging you (which you don't care about anyway), you will go far in life, while charming others along the way.

Ravenclaw:

• Rowena Ravenclaw was the founder of this brilliant house. If you are a Ravenclaw you are intelligent. You crave knowledge and always want to learn more. You are very curious. You love to read. You are elegant and graceful without being overly pretentious. You love to look ahead and the future means a great deal to you. You tend to be introverted and very individualistic. You don't like conflict. You rely on wit. You are tolerant when it comes to other people. You aren't always likely to do what is expected of you. You love to travel and it is something you desire. You are a free thinker and you probably tend to over-analyze a lot of things. You have a huge imagination. If you are a Ravenclaw, you have a passion that you care deeply about. Your knowledge will always be your most dependent quality.

Hufflepuff:

• Founded by Helga Hufflepuff, this house is filled with people who you would want to call your friends. I don't believe for one second that the Hufflepuff house doesn't have any defining (or cool) qualities. If you're a Hufflepuff you are loyal. You are also hard working and never let a task go undone. You are friendly and caring. You're humble and don't like to boast about yourself very often. Your open-mindedness allows you to see others for who they really are without judgment. You love your family. You also have a deep passion for things like animals, plants, and nature. You work well in groups. You like feeling comfortable and won't stray into the mysterious and unknown very often. Being persistent, patience, and steadfast, these folks are truly great. If you're a Hufflepuff, please be proud! Your qualities are those which more people should wish to have.

“You might belong in Gryffindor where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends, those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

-The Sorting Hat Song, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.