What I Have Learned From "This Is Us"

What I Have Learned From "This Is Us"

America's favorite TV Family

221
Amazon

This is Us has become one of the most popular TV series in the past few months. This show tells the story of a family with triplets, flashing from present to past. From watching this show, I have learned so much about life and just relationships with people; it is arguably one of the best shows I have ever watched.

Lesson 1: Live Everyday Like It Is Your Last.

I know it sounds cheesy, but we find out early on that Jack Pearson has died, but we do not know how. This really just hit home for me, realizing that you truly do not know when you are gonna see someone for the last time. I know it is a scary thought, but always remember to enjoy each moment, for the opportunity may never arise again. Do new things, explore, have fun.

Lesson 2: Family is Everything.

Yes, we all argue and bicker with our family, but at the end of the day, they are our blood. We have to put our differences aside and remember that family is so important. They are your indefinite support to lean on and they love you dearly. Always take time to appreciate the beautiful family that you have.

Lesson 3: Follow Your Heart.

In the show, we learn that your passion is what matters. There is no point in doing something if you are going to be miserable the rest of your life. If you feel like doing something that maybe is not typical of you, then do it. Find what makes you happy and what makes you tick. You deserve the chance to pursue your dreams. Reach for the stars.

Lesson 4: Be Spontaneous.

Sometimes it can be frustrating when things do not go as planned. However, we can not less this ruin our fun. Improvising a situation could make all the difference. You have to be able to do something unplanned every once in a while. Often, I find that those are the best adventures that life has to offer.

This show has been a blessing to watch. It really makes you reflect on your life and just everything about how you live. Love lots, be kind and go fiercely through each day doing something new.