What Happened To Dizzy Grizzlies?

What Happened To Dizzy Grizzlies?

I'm Just a 90s Girl Looking for her Favorite 90s Snack

2380
What Happened To Dizzy Grizzlies?
YouTube

I am an avid reader of any and all 90s articles that dive into the nostalgia of the fantastical decade that I was born and raised in – the decade where the TV shows were more enjoyable, and clothing was better, and the snacks were tastier. They all feature the same few things – Gushers, Fruitopia, Crystal Pepsi, 90s Nickelodeon, etc.. However, there is one 90s thing that these articles never mention, and that is my favorite snack of all time: Dizzy Grizzlies.

I was never a huge Teddy Graham fan, and while these cookies were made by the Teddy Graham people, Dizzy Grizzlies were something different. They were honey flavored Teddy Grahams shaped like bears playing sports, and the backs of the cookie were covered in either chocolate or vanilla icing and little round, crunchy sprinkles. I don’t remember exactly when they disappeared from store shelves, but they need to return. I just went to the store one day and, poof! No Dizzy Grizzlies. That was the day my childhood as I knew it was dead.

And, no, they are NOTHING like frosted animal crackers, so don’t even think about it. I have tried. They are miles away from the tastiness that was Dizzy Grizzlies.

I can’t be the only person who remembers these cookies, right?! I remember eating them with my friend at ballet class, so I can’t be the only person who consumed these chocolate and sprinkled covered morsels of 90s goodness. They came in flashy blue and purple boxes that featured a bear wearing sunglasses and riding a skateboard. I still crave these something awful every now and then. The taste is something I can’t explain, and I can’t recreate it. I even tried buying bakers chocolate and honey Teddy Grahams and making my own. It wasn’t the same. I sent a letter to Nabisco, and they just sent me a coupon for a free Nabisco snack. Sorry, Nabisco, but a free pack of Oreos isn’t going to make up for the fact that you took my favorite cookie from me.

This brings up an entire list of things from my childhood that I wish would just come back. This year, 90s fashion made a comeback, and could not be more happy to be rocking my old favorite styles, and I am thrilled to see all of my favorite musicians reuniting for 20th anniversary celebrations. Furby made a come back, and this year I will be able to play with a Tamogachi again, but there are a few things I still miss that 90s kids will never get back. Where is my channel of just 90s Nick shows? Or a radio station that only plays 90s music? How about a revival of Fruitopia or a resurgence of Bradlee’s stores? (That one might just be a New England thing!) All I am asking is for an afternoon of Rugrats with a box of Dizzy Grizzlies. Is that too much to ask? No. It’s not. Just let me relive my childhood for a little bit in between writing last minute essays and dealing with rude customers at work. It would make me a happy girl.

So, Nabisco, if you’re reading this, please bring back my favorite cookie! Or at least give me an explanation of where they went and why they can’t come back. And, if anyone else remembers these amazing cookies, please let me know! I can’t be the only one.