What I Have Learned From The Guys I Have Encountered In My Life?

Every guy you meet can impact you in some way, and you may not even realize the important lessons they may leave behind.

54

What I’ve learned from the guys I have encountered in my life

So today my friend and I were having a discussion, and she told me that even though she has been through one bad relationship after another, she has learned and discovered new aspects about herself. She thinks that if she never met these guys that she would not be the person she is today. I did not exactly know what she meant when we had this conversation. How can being in a relationship change the person you are? I haven’t been in a romantic relationship, so the whole idea that a guy can change the way you view the world and how you view yourself was a completely foreign concept to me until this one evening. I returned home and my mind was scattered and my mind was racing a mile a minute, and on a piece of paper, I jotted down all the guys in my life that influenced me for the better. And to my surprise, I compiled a decent list of guys that made an impact on my character and the way I approach my day to day life- their identity will forever remain a mystery except for one

The guy that brought me up (The one that always makes me smile

The lesson that my father taught me was to never sell yourself short or underestimate yourself. He always told me to promote yourself to others in a positive way and see yourself in the best of the light, even when you can’t. He used to tell me that you had to believe in yourself, because if you don’t, how do expect anyone else too? I make sure that I live with this mentality every day, no matter what. In my darkest hours, when I believed that everything from where I was standing was going to get worse, the words of my dad were always in the back of my mind and all of my fears just faded and everything was okay.

Mysterious guy I am unable to talk to (The guy that seems to have it all together)

The description pretty much is self-explanatory. I do not think I have to go into further detail than is completely necessary. I have never had a deep conversation with him, but how he presents himself is admirable in my eyes. He is poised and completes every task that he faces with such ease. He believes you have to work hard in order to achieve your goals. In other words, pain is temporary, quitting is forever. This quote that he said resonated with me well, and whenever I think I’m going to give up and throw in the towel, I take a step back and ask myself two questions- will I gain anything worthwhile if I quit, and how great would it be if I achieve my goals and not surrender when it feels unbearable to climb the mountain that is ahead of me.

My best friend (The guy that is always there to lean on)

He may not see me as his best gal best friend, but he at this moment is time is my best guy friend. He sees the world for the good and the bad, and he does not sugar coat anything. He believes that you should embrace every feeling that you have and express it by using your creative process. He taught me that your life is not going to be perfect, but you need to have pitfalls in your life, in order to experience an upheaval of happiness within you. He also taught me how to accept my imperfections. He accepted me for who I am even when I found it hard to accept myself.

The smartest guy I know (The overachiever, whom I secretly admire)

This guy has to be the smartest kid I ever met, but his brainpower was not accomplished overnight. This brainiac had to study like a maniac in order to achieve the grades that he has ever received. I never met anyone so dedicated in my life, in his school work and all the activities that he involves himself in. He has always thought that you were in charge of your own destiny, and it was your choice on whether you were going to sink or swim. He is wise beyond his years, and he believes that the world is filled with so many opportunities and possibilities that you would be a fool not to want to embark on a great journey to find yourself. He never complained about his life because he knew that if he worked just that much harder all his dreams one day would become a reality.

Conclusion (Revelation)

What I have learned from all these guys that I have encountered is that you do not need to be in a romantic relationship with someone in order to learn more about yourself and become a better version of yourself.The people that you meet in your life can impact you in a life-changing way whether you want them to be in your life or not. Sometimes the people in your life are there because they love you for you and can see the overall potential in you that you may be unable to see in yourself. It sometimes takes them for you to soon realize your value in this world because the world is so vast, and you are one, single person among many. It is funny that there are instances where we need other people's’ advice to digest the person we are and accept ourselves from who we are. be in a romantic relationship with someone in order to learn more about yourself and become a better version of yourself.The people that you meet in your life can impact you in a life-changing way, whether you want them to be in your life or not. Sometimes the people in your life are there because they love you for you and can see the overall potential in you that you may be unable to see in yourself. It sometimes takes them for you to soon realize your value in this world because the world is so vast, and you are one, single person among many. It is funny that there are instances where we need other people's’ advice to digest the person we are and accept ourselves from who we are.