What Is Growing Up?

What Is Growing Up?

Growing up is finding yourself, and loving every minute of it.

332
What Is Growing Up?

What is growing up exactly?

When you're young, you can't wait to grow up and finally be a "big kid." But why is that? Is it because it seems more fun? I mean yes, you can drive a car, cool. You get to have a cell phone, okay. You get to do more things on your own, yes. All of those things make sense when you're older, but there is so much more to growing up than you think, especially when you're a kid.

Once you grow up, you feel like you've seen and done a lot; maybe some people more than others. Some of us go through experiences that, in a sense, force us to grow up quicker and earlier than others.

I would consider myself an adult, yes. But for me personally, I know there is way more to learn as each year goes by. There is so much I haven't seen, so much I haven't done, and so much more to experience. Having said that, I know I have already been through a lot myself. I have made mistakes and learned from others.

So what is growing up?

Growing up is falling in love. Growing up is being heartbroken.

Growing up is getting a job. Growing up is working more than playing.

Growing up is making incredible friendships. Growing up is losing some down the road.

Growing up is being an example for other people, even when you don't necessarily want to be.

Growing up is practicing something until you perfect it.

Growing up is making mistakes and learning from them.

Growing up is hard. Growing up takes work.

Growing up is getting to experience new adventures and making great memories, on a path you don't know the destination to.