what DOESN'T MATTER - DCP edition

what DOESN'T MATTER - DCP edition

comparing yourselves to others just gives you more anxiety

777
what DOESN'T MATTER  - DCP edition
twitter.com

It DOESN'T MATTER when you apply

Everyone moves at their own pace and timeline. The applications for the DCP is open for at least a couple of months, allowing everyone a chance to apply. Just because you apply on the first day doesn’t mean you’ll be one of the first people to get accepted. Everyone who applies goes at their own timeline. No use to compare yours to others.

It DOESN’T MATTER when you had your phone interview

Everyone does their phone interview at their own convenience. The recruiters who are interviewing you make notes, they do not make the final decisions of your acceptance, role and location.

It DOESN’T MATTER when you did your WBI

When you get selected to do the Web-Based Interview you have the option to do it within 3 days after you’ve received the email for the WBI. It will automatically tell you at the end of the interview if you have been selected for a phone interview or not.

It DOESN’T MATTER if you upload a resume or not for the Disney College Program.

The Disney College Program description on the disney careers website states that it is not required to upload a resume. Nor is it a really big deciding factor for your application. There has been so many students with little to no work experience who’s been accepted so it is not a huge deal breaker.

It DOESN’T MATTER if you have been an alumnus of the DCP before

There has been many alumni time and time again who has not been able to get back into the program. It doesn’t really give them as much advantage as you think. The only advantage that they have is if they remember the questions they were asked last time, but even then not all recruiters ask the same questions at every interview.

It DOESN’T MATTER who your interviewer was

Everyone gets interviewed, but who you interviewed with does not hold any significant impact on your acceptance, your role and location. Those particular Cast Members who interview you have one job and that is to make sure you get your phone interview right on schedule at your convenience, ask you questions pertaining about the living situation, disney look, any number of roles and if you had any questions of the program at that point. They do not make the final decisions, they take notes and that’s it.

It DOESN’T MATTER what time of day you apply for the DCP

I know it’s crazy that I had to even list this. For some reason people think that time you apply for the DCP actually matters, it really doesn’t. It goes through a computer system that handles the initial applications, and thats all we actually know about it.

It DOESN’T MATTER how fast someone gets their email

People needs to understand that these emails that everyone gets takes time to actually go through. If you think about it only about 5 to 6k of college kids get accepted every semester, but how many people actually apply initially? It takes at the least 30 mins to 24 hours to receive certain email notifications like scheduling for a phone interview, getting accepted and etc. If you were on the roster to receive an email from Disney, it will take time for it to get to you. They have to email hundreds to thousands of students, it will take time to get to you.

It DOESN’T MATTER what letter your name starts with

For some odd reason, people think that whenever DCP sends out emails that it is by alphabetical order. To be honest, no one knows what order these emails get sent out by. Sure doesn’t go by alphabetical order.