What Disney Channel Throwback You Should Watch Based On Your Mood
Start writing a post
Entertainment

What Disney Channel Throwback You Should Watch Based On Your Mood

From 'Wendy Wu' to 'Twitches Too.'

What Disney Channel Throwback You Should Watch Based On Your Mood

If you owned a television when you were younger, chances are you were a fan of Disney Channel. During its prime, the station had shows that were both original and hilarious. Seriously, was there an episode of "That's So Raven" that you didn't like? The only thing that was better than the Disney shows, were the Disney movies. Don't lie, you got extremely excited when the little kids started jumping over the film strips.

I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed the rapid decline of Disney since their "Hannah Montana" days and us 90s babies love to reminisce on the better days of our childhood. It seems like Disney Channel has noticed our pleas to go back to the simpler times where we would come back from school, grab a juice box, and binge watch Even Stevens. Starting May 27, Disney Channel will be doing a four day marathon of all your favorite throwback Disney Movies. This is our time friends. Time to sit back and forget the stresses of this past semester with four days of binge watching. Of course you can't watch every movie, so here's a list of which movie you should tune into based on your mood.

1. Summer Job Blues

" High School Musical 2": May 27 @ 8 p.m.

Yeah working in the summer can be rough, when all you want to do is enjoy your freedom and the sun. But if Troy and Gabriella could make it through working for Sharpay's family, then you can do anything.

2. Missing Your College Friends

"Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century": May 30 @ 1:05 p.m.

Being away from your college friends can be hard, but at least you aren't on another planet. Poor Zenon was forced to live with her Aunt on Earth and had to communicate with her BFF Nebula via video phone tablet. (Facetime prediction?)

3. Balling On A Budget

"Cow Belles": May 28 @ 1:10 p.m.

All you want to do all summer is go to concerts and spend endless days at the beach, but you need this annoying thing called money to do that. While your summer job may be bad, at least you aren't milking cows.

4. Need A Girl Gets The Guy Story

"Pixel Perfect": May 29 @ 1:20 a.m.

Summer is the time for summer romances, but that can be hard when your crush likes someone else. Remember everyone, even though Loretta was perfect, she wasn't real and in the end Roscoe and Sam fell in love.

5. Wish You Didn't Have To Clean Up After Yourself

"Smart House": May 30 @ 2:55 p.m.

Being home for the summer is a wake-up call, when your mom actually expects you to wash your dishes after you use them and not three days later. No matter how badly you wanted a smart house to do everything for you, this movie gave us all nightmares when the house turned crazy and locked all the windows and doors.

6. Bored Of Your Hometown

"Stuck in the Suburbs": May 30 @ 10 a.m.

Its normal to get a little bored of the quiet simplicity of your hometown in the summer. Don't we all wish we accidentally swapped phones with a celebrity and ended up getting a free concert out of it?

7. Need Motivation To Work Out

"Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior": May 27 @ 12:55 p.m.

When you are no longer in your regular college routine, it can be hard to remember to go to the gym at home. Be grateful you're not being forced to train in martial arts so that you can save the world, all while still running for homecoming queen.

8. Feel Like A Girls Night In

"The Cheetah Girls": May 30 @ 1:50 a.m.

What group of girls didn't fantasize about making their own band and becoming famous? If you feel like sitting on the couch with your girlfriends, this is the movie to watch. Who knows, maybe you'll form a new singing group.

9. Sister Bonding

"Twitches": May 28 @ 2:50 p.m.

"Twitches Too": May 27 @ 2:55 a.m.

Tia and Tamara are the all-time sister goals. What makes their dynamic duo even more magical (see what I did there) is the fact that they are the most BA witches in "Twitches" and "Twitches Too." Whether you are a fan of the first or the second movie, both are great to watch with your own sisters.

10. Love Story You Can Sing To

"High School Musical": May 30 @ 4:25 p.m.

"Camp Rock": May 30 @ 6:15 p.m.

You better believe I put "High School Musical" on this list twice. There's nothing Disney does better than combining romance and spontaneous breaks into song. Both "Camp Rock" and HSM make us all wish the power of music could bring us our own Zac Efron and Joe Jonas.

This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.
the beatles
Wikipedia Commons

For as long as I can remember, I have been listening to The Beatles. Every year, my mom would appropriately blast “Birthday” on anyone’s birthday. I knew all of the words to “Back In The U.S.S.R” by the time I was 5 (Even though I had no idea what or where the U.S.S.R was). I grew up with John, Paul, George, and Ringo instead Justin, JC, Joey, Chris and Lance (I had to google N*SYNC to remember their names). The highlight of my short life was Paul McCartney in concert twice. I’m not someone to “fangirl” but those days I fangirled hard. The music of The Beatles has gotten me through everything. Their songs have brought me more joy, peace, and comfort. I can listen to them in any situation and find what I need. Here are the best lyrics from The Beatles for every and any occasion.

Keep Reading...Show less
Being Invisible The Best Super Power

The best superpower ever? Being invisible of course. Imagine just being able to go from seen to unseen on a dime. Who wouldn't want to have the opportunity to be invisible? Superman and Batman have nothing on being invisible with their superhero abilities. Here are some things that you could do while being invisible, because being invisible can benefit your social life too.

Keep Reading...Show less
Featured

19 Lessons I'll Never Forget from Growing Up In a Small Town

There have been many lessons learned.

houses under green sky
Photo by Alev Takil on Unsplash

Small towns certainly have their pros and cons. Many people who grow up in small towns find themselves counting the days until they get to escape their roots and plant new ones in bigger, "better" places. And that's fine. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought those same thoughts before too. We all have, but they say it's important to remember where you came from. When I think about where I come from, I can't help having an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my roots. Being from a small town has taught me so many important lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Keep Reading...Show less
​a woman sitting at a table having a coffee
nappy.co

I can't say "thank you" enough to express how grateful I am for you coming into my life. You have made such a huge impact on my life. I would not be the person I am today without you and I know that you will keep inspiring me to become an even better version of myself.

Keep Reading...Show less
Student Life

Waitlisted for a College Class? Here's What to Do!

Dealing with the inevitable realities of college life.

142030
college students waiting in a long line in the hallway
StableDiffusion

Course registration at college can be a big hassle and is almost never talked about. Classes you want to take fill up before you get a chance to register. You might change your mind about a class you want to take and must struggle to find another class to fit in the same time period. You also have to make sure no classes clash by time. Like I said, it's a big hassle.

This semester, I was waitlisted for two classes. Most people in this situation, especially first years, freak out because they don't know what to do. Here is what you should do when this happens.

Keep Reading...Show less