6 Clothes To Bring To College, From A Fashion Addict

6 College Clothes Packing Essentials, From Someone Who Has WAY Too Many Clothes

From someone with a TON of clothes

503

Packing for college is tough, especially if it's your first time. Trust me, I am an incoming college freshman and am currently staring at my closet. However, I am going breakdown the wardrobe essentials that I know I have to pack. I hope this helps you get started with packing your wardrobe for college. Really, whatever you end up wearing will be great as long as it makes you feel comfortable and confident!

1. Athletic clothes

@ktmusser

At my highschool, pretty much everyone dressed up for school in jeans, cute tops, and jewelry. However, from what I have heard, college is much more relaxed. Therefore, athletic clothes are a must for going to classes or just hanging out.

I recommend bringing a couple pairs of track shorts and leggings as you never know how cold it is inside the buildings. Also, bring some tank tops.

If you're going to a school where it's warm then you will be hot walking around outside this fall. Why not wear clothes that will make you feel more comfortable.

2. Graphic tees

@chloemarieee

This fairly new trend is perfect for college! Cute graphic tees can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion, so definitely bring some with you.

3. Jeans

@lojasschurhaus

A nice pair of jeans is perfect with a cute top for spending the weekend with your friends. Throw on a cute pair of heels, and you're all set! OR jeans even look perfect with a graphic tee for late fall when it starts getting cooler!

4. Dressier tops

@sorayabakhtiar

Bring a couple dressier tops for weekends out! With the jeans that are already packed, it will be a perfect, yet comfortable look!

5. Shoes

@flordemariafashion

Now I know shoes are not clothes, but I am joining them in this category because they are my favorite item and an important factor in packing up clothes for college! I personally am going be doing a shoe rotation for my dressier shoes, rotating them with the seasons.

However, here are the necessities you need to pack regardless of the season:

- Tennis shoes (for walking to classes)

- Slides (Birks work great!)

- Shower Shoes (cannot forget these)!

6. Jean Jacket

@lisa_mthembu

I love the jean jacket trend! They are literally perfect to throw over any outfit and with a couple necklaces can really change up your look. If you can't already tell, you cannot bring all of your clothes to college so having little differences in the clothes you re-wear will change up your look.