What Anxiety Feels Like

What Anxiety Feels Like

You feel as if you are swimming and the waves may push you down a couple of times but you're not afraid of the waves but more afraid of the shark that may come.

27
What Anxiety Feels Like
https://planningatuva.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/the-ocean.jpg

I have anxiety. I will stress over the smallest things like if my homework is done or if I can get a B in my class, even though I may have an A in it, and sometimes I stress over things that are even irrational.

Some people describe anxiety as a constant battle with your mind as if there are two people fighting each other constantly. I would have to agree. In a way it is me wanting to drive but I'm too afraid I will crash the car, or maybe i'll be dating someone and every second wondering if they're going to dump you because you either made a mistake or you're not good enough.

Anxiety to me feels like someone is punching you in the gut. They're a bully telling you to stay down and shut up. After, all the abuse you endure from this "bully" things just seem pointless. You no longer want to do the things you used to want to do. You feel as if you are swimming and the waves may push you down a couple of times but you're not afraid of the waves but more afraid of the shark that may come.

When my friends tell me I need to get over things or to stop stressing it doesn't work. Anxiety doesn't just go away when you say "hey it will be okay." These words are rare ones some people may hear in their lifetime. There usually needs to be constant reassurance, and sometimes even that is too much for family members, friends, or significant others to do and therefore some end up leaving.

Now the next question is how can you overcome anxiety?

I know for myself I keep myself busy and learn to use my anxiety as a tool instead of a weapon. Then somedays I will sleep all day just so I won't feel it. Therefore, I think that there are different methods for everyone who has it.

But what do you think? What methods are the best to deal? Is there even a way to get rid of it?