West Virginia Universities SHOULD Enforce Concealed Carry On Campuses

Who will you decide to be? The victim or the hero?
101

University of Texas (1966)

Olean High School (1974)

CSU Fullerton (1976)

Cleveland School (1989)

University of Iowa (1991)

Lindhurst High School (1992)

Frontier Middle School (1996)

Westside Middle School (1998)

Columbine (1999)

University Of Arizona Nursing School (2002)

Red Lake (2005)

Virginia Tech (2007)

Northern Illinois University (2008)

Chardon High School (2012)

Oikos University (2012)

Sandy Hook (2012)

Santa Monica College (2013)

Marysville Pilchuck High School (2014)

Umpqua Community College Shooting (2015)

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School (2018)

Most people have heard of at least one of these major school/college shootings that have happened over the years in the United States.

Recently, West Virginia's House Education Committee introduced House Bill 4298, otherwise known as "The Campus Self-Defense Act." This law change "would make campuses safer because potential campus shooters would know students might be armed," according to the bill's lead sponsor, Jim Butler, R-Mason.

While many colleges and their presidents are against the bill, it's honestly a good idea in itself. Also keep in mind that if you are 21 or over in West Virginia now, you do not have to get your concealed carry permit, you may open carry. However, responsible gun owners will take the concealed carry class to obtain their permit. How many of these shootings could have been prevented if the students and/or teachers were armed? That doesn't mean that they just have a gun. I mean going through training, learning to shoot, becoming certified. THAT is what I mean. Virginia Tech could have been prevented if the students their concealed and could have defended themselves.

Yes, the whole idea of carrying a gun to tailgating is a little bit frightening, but, that's why the law is a good thing to pass. Students do not have to get their concealed carry and carry on campus. It is there for those who DO.

Some students will not take advantage of it, others will. But if enough students arm themselves and have their concealed carry, do you really think a school shooter is going to take a chance at that school?

Have you noticed where you DON'T see mass shootings? You don't see shootings at Bass Pro, Cabella's, gun ranges, Army stores, Navy stores, gun shows, gun stores, or even police stations.

Do you know where you DO see shootings? You see them at gun free schools, gun free colleges, gun free theatres, states with strict gun laws, or even countries with strict gun laws.

A LOT of lives could be saved if and when the next school/college shooting takes place. Who will you decide to be? The victim or the hero?