Why Is Wesleyan So Wonderful?

Why Is Wesleyan So Wonderful?

Too many things to list, of course!
3

“Why is Wesleyan so special to so many students?”

As a student ambassador (campus tour guide) for Dakota Wesleyan, I get this question a lot. So, what really does make Wesleyan so special to so many students on campus?

1. The atmosphere

Walking on to Wesleyan's campus simply feels like home for so many students, staff and faculty. Because you get a smile from somebody that you probably see everywhere you go on campus, the atmosphere is always upbeat and friendly. The faith-based campus always ensures that students are spiritually enriched, and it creates a community of love and support for all. Wesleyan is truly a welcoming place because of the genuine, caring people. Wesleyan is a great place to be!

2. The staff

Wesleyan is filled with staff and faculty members that truly care about each and every student on campus! Where else could you call a professor a friend or have their cell phone number in case anything goes wrong and you just might need advice? Because the staff and faculty care so much about students, the staff and faculty truly make Wesleyan a wonderful place to learn.

3. The support

Whenever a student does something on campus, whether it be playing on a sports team or acting in a play, they have support 100 percent of the way. The support on campus goes beyond academic support in the classroom and stretches into every single aspect of students' lives! Because of the support that Wesleyan students, as well as its faculty and staff receive, Wesleyan is a great place to grow.

4. Our Wesleyan family

When you're a Dakota Wesleyan Tiger, you know that you're part of a family that stretches far beyond campus. As a Tiger, you have a family that supports you and cares about you in everything that you do. Have a bad day? Somebody will be there to listen. Have something huge that you accomplished? Somebody will be there to celebrate with you! Because all Wesleyan Tigers are family, Wesleyan is overall a great place to learn, grow and be yourself during your time at school.