Well, That's A Wrap! - End Of The School Year For College Students

Sweet, sweet relief
37

Praise. I have officially finished the 2015-2016 school year at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Well, with the exception that I have to turn in my final paper on Wednesday for Feminism, but hey - that's basically done. So, let the well-deserved relaxation of a new summer commence - at least very soon.

Reflecting on the over-all year

Because like, how can you not? So much can happen in one year, especially when you're at college. You can't tell me that nothing exciting happens. I've grown a lot in the past nine months, and I can safely say that I've made incredibly memories and changed for the better. Getting all sentimental, sappy, and overall relieved is my forte at the end of every school year. What's yours?

Packing everything up out of my dorm

I usually start packing really early, only because I'm super excited to get out of the closet sized room that I have become so used to, and have made my own for the past eight and a half months. Since this is my last semester dorming, it's a bit bittersweet, but I am so thankful. This will be the last time that I cram all of my boxes and bins into one side of my tiny room until it's officially time to go.

Returning to my beloved hometown

*Sighs* Hello old town, we meet again. Yes, yes, nice to see you. Nope, nothing has changed. Yep, there are those people I went to high school with. Yes, the coffee shop hasn't moved, thank god it's the only thing about this town that I truly appreciate. Okay, okay I can make it through these next three months. Oh man, living at home again and not by myself is so weird. This is going to take awhile getting used to again...

Anticipating my final grades...

*Bites nails nervously* I studied really hard for that exam, so if I didn't do well, so help me.

Making that summer $$$$

Honestly, the thing that I'm mostly looking forward to this summer, is making as much money as possible. I'm getting my first actual apartment (well, more like duplex, but you get the idea) and I have to make sure I have all the rents covered. I've never sounded so adult until I've uttered the words "I just want to work all summer". Welcome to adulthood. For real.

But of course - make new memories

Who knows what will be in store for me... Whatever it is, I'm ready for this summer and I'm going to embrace the new memories that await me. I deserve this, and I'm not going to waste anymore time thinking about whether or not "I should do something". Here I come, summer of 2016.

And then I get to do it all over again

Aaaaaaand we're back on! Let the college life, multiple papers, multiple exams, multiple reading assignments, coffee cram sessions, nights up until 3 am, Netflix binging, trying to balance a social life, as well as trying not to die, begin.

It's been a long run, but I am certainly happy that it's over, and I'll be ready for the upcoming fall semester to come at me. Bring it.