Weirdest News Headlines Of 2018
Lifestyles

10 Of The Craziest Headlines Of 2018 To Be Seen In The News

2018 was quite the year and it's hard to believe so many crazy events have happened in only the past 12 months.

77

The news gets a bad wrap. People on different sides of the spectrum think it's biased. Regardless, journalists have the pleasure of writing about some hilarious events. The following are 10 ridiculous headlines from 2018.

by Telegraph Reporters, Telegraph

Source

The famous pop-punk band, known famous for their songs like "All The Small Things" and "I Miss You", are apparently searching for ET. Judging by the massive debt, it hasn't been very successful.

Caitlin O'Kane, CBS

Source

Sphen and Magic, two very in love male penguins from Sea Life Sydney Aquarium, welcomed their first baby. The aquarium named it Sphengic, a mash up of its parents names.

by Cheryl Wischhover, Vox

Source

Tide, the same company who's products were part of January's infamous Tide Pod Challenge, now has new 'eco friendly' packaging that looks suspiciously like a knockoff of Franzia.

by Char Adams, People

Source

Dylan McWilliams is only 20, but has survived attacks from two of the world's deadliest animals in incidents only months apart.

Ed Gove, CBS

Source

No, Ross Geller isn't a petty criminal. A David Schwimmer lookalike did steal beer from a bar in Blackpool, England. At that time Schwimmer was in America.

by Juliana Rose Pignataro, Newsweek

Source

The Internet has accused the Texas Senator of being the serial Zodiac Killer for years. For the second Halloween in a row he referenced this on his Twitter as a spooky joke.

by Madison Roberts, People

Source

Don Gorske tried his first Big Mac at age 18 and hasn't looked back since. After eating multiple a day for decades, this May he consumed his 30,000th sandwich.

Aubrey McAvoy and Jennifer Kelleher, AP

Source

The state of Hawaii was thrown into panic when citizens received a warning that a ballistic missile was headed their way. Thankfully it was a false alarm, but many didn't appreciate the shock.

by Kate Winkle, KXAN

Source

Sweet Tart is the adorable new mayor of a small Michigan town. Other candidates included another cat, 13 dogs, a peacock, a goat and a chicken.

by Petrana Radulovic, Mashable

Source

Citizens of New York were on alert when NYPD received a report that the streets of Harlem were being stalked by a tiger. It was soon revealed that that mysterious predator was just a fat raccoon.

Best of all, we still have five weeks left in 2018. Who knows what else will happen.