10 Weirdest Things Dogs Do

10 Weird Things Dogs Do That Make Dog Owners Scratch Their Heads

We love them to death, but sometimes they are just weirdos.

664
Personal Photo

In November, my family adopted a rescue dog, something we've wanted to do for a long time. Kylo is a black lab mix, almost a year old, who was found on the side of the road in Tennessee. She's fun and energetic and extremely cuddly, and we all love her to pieces!

Now, I grew up having cats, so I didn't think having a dog would be too much different. Boy, was I wrong! In the past two months of being a dog owner, I have definitely learned a lot about dogs, plus I've gotten to experience a ton of weird things that dogs do. If you have a dog, I'm sure you'll relate to these crazy things!

1. Lick everything. Even weird things.

My dog likes to lick the couch cushions, table legs, and my pants. Sometimes she just sticks her tongue out and rests it on the nearest surface. WHY?!

2. Try to become a lap dog when they are clearly too big.

I know I don't have the biggest dog, but she definitely is too big to be a lap dog. Still, she always pushes her way on top of me whenever I sit down.

3. Shake their toys around

I'm surprised her head doesn't hurt when she whips her head back and forth with a toy in her mouth.

4. Jump around all the time except when getting on the couch/in the car

I don't know if my dog is lazy, but I always have to help her onto the couch or into the car. I know she CAN jump because I've seen it, but she won't when it comes to the most basic things.

5. Follow us into the bathroom

There is no concept of privacy with dogs...

6. Chase their tails

Why do they do that? What do they get out of it?

7. Leaning against our legs

I'm sorry, was I in your way?

8. Fighting the vacuum

I understand that it's a scary machine, but watching them try to attack the vacuum is hilarious.

9. Eating grass

It always makes them sick, so why do they do it?

10. Act innocent after they've just done something wrong

Dogs give you the eyes like they didn't just get into the trash or break something of yours. Where did they learn that?