Report this Content
1. Only eat 3 meals a day (not 4... or 5… 6...). Going back for seconds is dangerous.
2. Stay away from the soda machine. Water is the way to go. Cut the soda.
3. Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Invest in a Yeti or Hydroflask, and treat it like your child.
4. Take the stairs. The little things can make a difference. Stairs aren't as bad as you may think.
5. Avoid desserts. Don't cut them out (that's torture), but limit them.
6. Run for 10 minutes a day. It starts hard but gets easier. Go slow and steady.
7. Limit cream and sugar in coffee. Not only is regular coffee more healthy, but it's also much cheaper than lattes, mochas, or other sugary combinations.
8. Log calories. There are plenty of apps. I used LoseIt at the beginning of the year and saw great results.
9. Don't stress eat. It doesn't really help. Don't believe the hype.
10. Go on walks. Find a friend, get up, and walk around campus.
11. Try soup. I hate salad. Good thing that it's not the only healthy meal available at dining halls.
12. Walk (don't bike) to class. Bikes get you there faster, but you burn less calories.
13. Find a friend to keep you accountable. Find a Goose for your Maverick.
14. Don't avoid the scale. It can be intimating and painful, but it can be motivational for progress.
15. Don't worry about it. It'll be ok!
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.