Why I Weigh 200 Pounds, Have A Flabby Stomach And Thick Thighs And Still Wear A Bikini To The Beach
popular

I wear a bikini to the beach because I am loved and feel loved.

9724
Alexis Hyatt

It’s summertime! Everyone knows what that means: Time for the “Bikini Body” which in turn people think that you have to be skinny and have less amounts of fat so that you can look “good” in your bikini while you hit the waves and suntan on the beach in front of a bunch of people. I notice this normally by younger girls, teenagers, and young adults, and for some reason right now our society is on a big kick about losing weight. Well, here’s what I have to say to that:

I don’t care.

I don’t. I don’t care if you’re fat or skinny (why those words even matter, I also don’t know). I don’t care if you have stretch marks or spider veins. I don’t care if you are 18 or 87, you should be allowed to wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

Granted, I think that there is a time and place for everything, such as I will not wear my bikini into a restaurant, but the beach is a place for freedom and leisure.

I am a pretty conservative person in the clothes that I wear, but there is just something about a bikini that makes me feel free and refreshed. I enjoy the feeling of letting it all be free and not constrained, all the time. And who says that I can’t enjoy a sun-kissed body like every other person on this planet, just because I have chunky thighs? A man can come to the beach and be bigger than I am, but he doesn’t get looked at differently, because our society has some weird thing about a girl having to be skinny to look good and be a good person. But a guy can come to the beach with his gut hanging over his bottoms and women still find him attractive, and men don’t care. I’m not trying to say that men don’t like bigger women or anything, all I’m saying is that I definitely get different looks at the beach than other women do, and it’s based upon my weight. The fact that I show my stomach makes such a big deal. Like, the only difference between my bikini and tankini is that you can see my stomach. Does my stomach offend you so much that you have to give me weird looks? It’s a stomach and it’s there because I eat bad food sometimes, oops.

Am I going to lose weight? Yeah, I’d like to, but not because I’m unhappy with who I am. I want to lose weight to be healthier. I want to stop eating such horrible food all the time so that my body can be healthy and I don’t ruin it, but that’s a personal reason. However, my body weight and the way I look does not define to me who I am as a person.

I wear a bikini to the beach because I am confident in who I am. I love myself as a person, and I love my body. Yeah, it’s not the “cutest” but does my body make me who I am? No. I don’t believe so. Don’t judge me because I wear a bikini to the beach and let my fat hang out. I have a crazy personality and I laugh 90% of the day. I wear a bikini to the beach because I am loved and feel loved. The people that care about me are not judging me but rather encouraging me to feel comfortable in my own skin regardless of what society has to say. I wear a bikini to the beach because tomorrow isn’t granted and I want to enjoy my each and every day. So, when I go to the beach, you will most likely see me in my bikini and I will definitely be smiling.

Please know that you are loved by somebody out there. That the people that really matter will not care that you wore a bikini to the beach that one day. Do what you love and feel comfortable in your own skin! Love yourself and be happy. Wear what makes you feel comfortable, but don’t let somebody judge you because of the way you look. Know how great of a person you are, and that your personality could change somebody’s life, and if they don’t care to get to know about that part of you because you let your fat hang out at the beach, then those aren’t the type of people you need in your life.