I Watched 'Love Is Blind' And Here's What You Need To Know

Weekend Bingewatch: I Watched 'Love Is Blind' And Here's What You Need To Know

Is "Love Is Blind" going to be a bigger hit than "The Bachelor."

721

Netflix released a new series called "Love Is Blind" on Feb. 13 and it was a three-week event where they released new episodes the following two Thursdays.

This Thursday was the season finale and GIRL was there a lot of drama.

Here's a breakdown of the show's concept.

If you don't know, the show was a love experiment where they took men and women and let them get to know each other in person but behind a wall so they can't see each other and then after 10 days decide if they want to propose or not. After a proposal is accepted, they got to meet in person.

The couples who survived were sent on a romantic getaway in Mexico all together of course, because there needs to be drama, right? The couples got to know each other on a more intimate basis and from there, the couples who survived were sent back to Atlanta, GA to live together in an apartment for three weeks while planning a wedding and meeting each other's families.

Fast forward to the couples who make it to their wedding day, they are FORCED to walk down the aisle and either say yes to getting married or saying NO, in front of all of their friends and family. It's honestly humiliating and hard to watch.

What's the watching experience like?

OK, this show is really something. It's hard to grasp how these people "fall in love" in only 10 days and then get married a month later, sounds like some TLC bullshit to me.

BUT it is very intriguing because there really aren't other shows like it specifically because of not seeing each other in person. While that's great, what makes it better and more real is that they aren't texting or DMing each other, they are physically speaking to each other across the room from one another, they just can't see them.

I think the concept of the show was solid, finding out if you can be attracted to someone emotionally enough to not care about the physical, but I cannot wrap my mind around making a full life of marriage work after knowing each other for .23 seconds.

Overall, the show is pretty good, but there are some parts, especially in the first couple of episodes that just go way too slowly and there isn't enough drama to keep you totally captivated. The show really gets interesting from the time they get to Mexico.

As you watch the couples get closer and closer and you see certain red flags, it's pretty easy to tell who is going to end up together and who isn't.

For me, I never got totally obsessed with any of the couples except one or two so it was hard for me to really love the show, but the reunion episode comes next week so it will be interesting to see if there are any couples who didn't get married but are still dating.

I give this weekend bingewatch an 8 out of 10.