Post Spring Break Blues

Post Spring Break Blues

You know what I’m talking about

15
Post Spring Break Blues

It doesn’t matter what you did for spring break. Maybe you went somewhere really exotic. Maybe you volunteered and really helped make a difference. Maybe you were weighed down by tons of homework. Maybe you spent your days watching TV with your dogs and never got out of your pajamas. Well that’s what I did at least. But now the glorious week is over and we’re all returning to our respective colleges and beginning our countdown to summer. Seriously though, am I the only one that forgot how to get to their first class? I spent my whole morning wondering how I actually made it to any of the correct places.

I think these problems will probably hit a little too close to home right about now

First of all, you’re tired. Like I said I did not do much of anything during spring break. Napping was a high priority yet somehow I do not feel refreshed and ready to finish the semester like I was promised I would.

Second, you have either been eating home cooked meals or exotic vacation food for an entire week. Now you’re back in the caf and you’re completely let down by everything.

Third, you’re like really bummed. It has only been a week. It’s not like when you come back from summer vacation and you’re excited to see you friends and even a little excited about your new classes. No, instead you’re coming back from one heavenly week to all the work you’ve been avoiding in all the classes that are causing you to question why you are even in college. I don’t know about you, but I feel ten times more dramatic about everything since I got back from break. My teacher assigns something and I’m like, “what’s wrong with living with my mom forever?” Just kidding, Mom! Don’t look at me like that, I’m only half serious.

Fourth, you realize that your dorm is actually the worst place to sleep and since you got back that’s really all you want to do. Before, you were accustomed to the overly squishy dorm mattress and the sounds of the girls on your floor and their ridiculous seal-like laughter. Now you lie awake staring at the obnoxious green light beaming down from your smoke detector waiting for your alarm to go off so that you can start complaining about how tired you are.

Fifth, your Mom like totally doesn’t understand. My Mom is an elementary school teacher, she has spring break so she should understand, but she still doesn’t really get it. I call her and explain how awful my week is and she is just like, “oh, I’m sorry. I’m hope it gets better”. Are you serious Mom? That’s it? Yeah me too, but I was hoping for some compassion to my pointless complaining from you!

In all seriousness though could we just have another spring break real quick? I just miss my dogs. We had a fun week together building forts and stuff. Acting mature and having responsibilities isn’t near as fun as watching Beverly Hills 90210 reruns and throwing a birthday party for your favorite dog. For now, we must continue…only a few more weeks right?