Hell Week

Hell Week

When everything is due.
49

Ever feel like everything is due all at once? More than likely it is, but the question is why does this happen? Those weeks are typically called hell weeks, and that is because it feels like there is no time to breathe and have time for yourself.

The problem is that with hell week people think it's because you did not plan everything out so you would not have to deal with everything being due. The problem with that is the mere fact that tests, quizzes, and projects due dates are something you have no control over. The teachers are in charge of that and even then they sometimes try to avoid that from happening.

The dreaded end of semester closes and then everything is due because that is the last time your class will meet. So when it does happen, you can do multiple things:

One idea is pick and choose; this means, decide what you need to get done to keep your grade to where you want it and not do anything with the others. The problem with this is that your grade in other classes may drop because of it.

Another is to try and do everything to your fullest ability; the problem with this one is that you will lose something else (for example: sleep), and even then you might not do as well as you want.

The third one is you can see the upcoming hell week coming and try your hardest to be able to go through and get as much done beforehand. The problem with this is that you may not even see the hell week coming until it is too late.

With hell week, it always seems like it is going to take forever but, eventually, it will be over and you can try harder next time. Just remember that, even if it does not feel like it, sleep is needed and you will have the free time you need. This can happen when going into a work setting as well, because you may have projects you need to do and have due dates for them because they need to be looked at before being accepted. So it may seem like it will be over once you are free from school, but be careful of those real-world deadlines! The nice thing with it being work is that you can go through and will be able to take time off once you are free of your hell week and be able to have time to relax and sleep.

With the work setting, you should always be able to see when your hell week is coming because if you are working on everything at an even pace, then you will be able to have most things done before they're due. The best part about work is that you will not have tests or exams unless you are in a class and learning more for that specific business.

All in all, take this week as you wish. Whether that is all at once, over time, or picking and choosing, in the end, everything will eventually get done. Good luck on your week from hell!