As I age further into my final year as a teenager, I find myself often reminiscing on little memories I have from my childhood. I think that taking a stroll down memory lane is a rather healthy coping method when coming to terms with adulthood. So, with that being said, here are a plethora of random things that I have managed to pull out from my childhood.
1. Hanging up posters from my Tiger Beat and BOP magazine collection
Every morning I woke up to Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, and Ashley Tisdale staring at me.
2. Getting an iDog and neglecting my real dog
3. Only being able to play “Slow Ride” on Guitar Hero
My tiny fingers couldn’t master any other songs.
4. Knowing I wasn’t old enough to wear Juicy Couture
All I wanted was to strut around like Paris Hilton in a Juicy tracksuit.
5. Crying when Jamie Lynn Spears got pregnant
RIP to the most unrealistic boarding school of all time, Pacific Coast Academy.
6. Forcing my babysitters to watch the Amanda Show with me
I LIVED for those dancing lobsters.
7. Deciding which team to root for in the Disney Channel Games
How does one possibly choose between cheering for Vanessa Hudgens or Miley Cyrus?
8. Logging onto Disneychannel.com
Tipton Trouble. If you know, you know.
9. Being petrified of playing ghost in the graveyard
Why was this the go-to game whenever the sun went down?
10. Having exclusive-ass block parties
Oh, you don’t live on Indian road? Sorry, you can't sit with us.
11. Trying to play "Halo" and "Call of Duty" on my brother’s Xbox
And running around in circles each time someone tried to shoot me.
12. Choosing Wii Fit as my exercise of choice
“Yeah, I had a tough workout today on the Wii Balance Board.”
13. Taking pictures at the apple store
And then posting those pictures on the Facebook that lied about my age on.
14. Playing games like MASH and "Zap"
And praying for an outcome that includes my crush.
15. Pulling out Zoopals for a snack
25% of my childhood fights were over who got to eat on the cutest animal.
16. Slowly eating my desserts to make my brother jealous when his was gone
Oh, that was just me? Got it. #justfatkidthings
17. Staying home from school and watching these creeps on PBS Kids
Where nightmares were made.
18. One word: Yogos
19. Messaging my friends on G-Mail
Me: What's up
Me: Just chilling
Me: g2g dinner.
Friend: K bye
20. Sitting in the same room as my friends and chatting on our Nintendo DS's
The OG Groupchat was lit.
21. Playing with this toy every trip to the doctor's office
22. Secretly eating Playdough
Don't tell me you never tried it.
23. Getting pumped for Halloween Week on Disney Channel
You know, "Twitches," "Halloweentown," the whole ordeal.
24. Saying “Hi I’m Paul” after every Nickelodeon show
Why Paul got three eyes though?
25. Secretly watching "Degrassi" when my parents weren't home
**Hears front door beep** **Quickly switches the channel to "Drake and Josh"**
26. Getting a squad together to play hand games
"Close your eyes and count to ten, whoever messes up starts all over again!"
27. Choosing my friends over who had these things on their pencils
Finding the ~perfect~ desk partner was an elementary school student's Hunger Games.
28. Playing brick breaker on my dad’s blackberry
Before swipe brickbreaker completely took over my life.
29. Proudly wearing the other half of a BFF necklace from Claire's
Was she really your best friend if you didn't have a necklace to prove it?
30. Having my first boyfriend on Club Penguin
Breaking hearts since 2005.
31. Sleeping with all 25 of my Webkinz
Spent most of my days furnishing my house, playing Wheel of Wow, and paying visits to Dr. Quack.
32. Pretending to drown to see if lifeguards would save me
Yeah, I understand how messed up of a kid I was.
33. Hearing the Legend of Bloody Mary and having nightmares for years
I avoided dark bathrooms with mirrors at all costs.
34. Winning a fish at my school's fun fair
And then having a funeral for it a few days later.
35. Hiding the "American Girl Doll Care and Keeping of You" book
Gtfo mom, if I wanted to learn about puberty I would have asked.
36. Learning to spell "Bananas" from Gwen Stefani
To this day, I still have to sing the song to spell it.
37. Designing my own NIKE 6.0's
Tried to be a skater girl, failed miserably.
38. Being scared of appendicitis because Madeline got it
~the life of a hypochondriac~
39. Cutting off my circulation with Silly Bandz
40. Getting my hair braided in Mexico and coming back to school fresh AF
And then crying when all my hair falls out.
41. When class was a little more bearable whenever Billy Nye or Brain Pop was on the agenda
High school teachers, take notes.
42. Forwarding every chain message so that the bloody girl with no eyes doesn't crawl under my bed at night
The modern version of these messages: "My friend's boyfriend's roomate's cousin got lung cancer from the JUUL."
43. Asking everyone to start my lanyard
"Can you start my box stitch?"
44. Falling victim to every childhood toy fad
45. Wanting to look like my Bratz doll
46. Keeping up with every generation of iPod
Long gone are the days when we had no clue what song was going to play next on our iPod Shuffle.
47. Watching every season of "The Brady Bunch" on road trips
The DVD player was KEY.
48. Going to Nickel City on a rainy day
Yussss another stuffed animal that I'll never play with and a slinky to add to my collection.
49. Having every color of the rainbow in Sugar Lips tank tops
No bra? No problem!
50. Wanting to be a teenager
It's weird how life works. I spent my entire childhood wanting to be a teenager. Now, here I am at 19, scrambling to find a summer job, staying up late to study for midterms, and trying not to gain the freshman 15 while trying maintaining a decent social life in college. Someone tell me again why the hell I wanted to grow up so bad?