I Wear Pink For My Grandma

I Wear Pink For My Grandma

She fought to beat cancer so now I fight to find a cure.
41

As many of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A month where everyone goes pink to raise awareness. When I was younger I used to do a three-mile walk for a charity that raised money for breast cancer research. I would listen to the stories of the women whose lives were forever changed from this horrible disease. As a little kid it didn’t quite hit me just how monumental it was. I didn’t quite understand just how important it was that we did these events to raise awareness and money.

I understood when my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer. I’ll never forget when my parents sat my sister and I down and told us. We may have been young but as soon as we heard the word “cancer” we knew it was bad. We knew the word cancer and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I wear pink for my grandma. She’s the most amazing woman with the kindest soul. I didn’t realize why events like the breast cancer walk I did were so important until my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer. Hearing other stories had an affect on me but it wasn’t until my grandma was diagnosed that I realized just how important it is.

I wear pink for my grandma. For the woman who has been there for me for my whole life. For the woman who I could always find on the sidelines cheering me on at my sporting events. I wear pink for the woman who makes the best mashed potatoes and homemade mac and cheese.

I wear pink for my grandma who bravely kicked breast cancer’s butt.

Raising awareness for breast cancer means a lot to me because of how much my grandma means to me. I try to do everything I can to raise awareness for this cause because I know from experience how deeply it affects people.

I wear pink for my grandma.

If you're looking for a way to help raise awareness check out these websites!