How To Survive Frog Week At JMU

A Love Letter To FROG Week, The Week Only The Strong Survive

There are so many things that only you, FROG Week, can provide for us.

4078

Dear FROG Week,

You're only a few weeks away and I, along with the rest of the JMU population, are patiently waiting for your arrival. How are you going to treat us this year? Will we make it to the first day of school? There are so many things that only you, FROG Week, can provide for us, and we are beyond ready for your late nights, eventful days and endless booze.

During this glorious week, we are able to reunite with the friends that we had to go all summer without. The first day begins with excited hugs and sitting around with these friends planning out the strategies for surviving the next week of our lives. You would think that after a week such as FROG Week, that we would get sick of each other and need another break. But truth is, you just bring us closer together. You make us appreciate the weekends so much because FROG Week only happens once in the year.

I'm not quite sure if the new freshman class is ready for you, or what their plan is to survive the crazy week that you're going to give them. They're in for a rude awakening if they think that the only things you will provide for them are icebreaker games with their FROGs and dorms. Maybe after night one, they will recognize that this week is much wilder than they thought. (But just so you know, freshmen, if you're reading this, you will hear people screaming "FRESHMAN!" at you as you walk to parties in a mob of all your new friends, and you will probably get asked where the library is a few times.)

And yes, we will all be able to recognize that freshmen are freshmen, so I wouldn't try to hide it. But no worries, we all wish we were the freshmen. We love the freshmen, and you are their week. We are jealous that they get to experience you for their first time, and wish we had 4 years to go like they do.

Another thing we love about you, FROG Week, is how we're still celebrating summer at the place that we love. We get to lay out at pools all day (shout out to The Retreat and Aspen) and drink as much of the cheapest beer and vodka as we can. Your long nights are ones to ~not~ remember. And I think the men can all agree that you are their lucky week. They can walk into whatever frat house they want, no ratio needed. (Live it up, boys. It's now or never).

And thank you so much for being a week of no classes, because we would all show up with hangovers every day. As exhausting as you are, you give us the chance to relax and do what we want without having to worry about grades as soon as we get back to school. You let us make so many memories that we hold onto throughout our college years and beyond. You're there for us when vodka reminds us of our exes and you relax our anxiety for the semester that is quickly approaching.

For many this year, this is their last FROG week (sorry seniors, we will miss you). They're going to dominate you like they never have before because it's their last time. Thank you for being the week that these seniors can go crazy and face the reality that they are graduating. Say your sweet goodbyes to them and provide them with a week wilder than their first. Hopefully, they make it to the end.

All in all, you're the best week of the year. You're what we all can't wait to get back to school for. You're the week that we're gonna tell our kids about one day. You make us look forward to every year, and help kick off every fall semester right. And lastly, you're the big giant party that gets us ready to dive into the post-game, also known as Sylly Week... but that one's another story.