The Feeling Of Feeling Powerless Is A Strange One
Health Wellness

The Power Of Feeling Powerless

Our whole life we are told to not put importance on the small things yet we don't listen

72
The Power Of Feeling Powerless

In our lives, we are constantly bombarded by the fact that we can't control everything. We can't control how people will react or what people will think about us. This just makes us more nervous about how others will react in a situation and what we can say to get a desired response. Recently, school has been becoming more and more stressful and this has continually shown me the fact that we can't place too much importance on the small things or we will get overwhelmed and will lose sight on what is important to us and how we should try to do as much as we can.

My parents have always taught me that people will continually say things to me that will make me feel uncomfortable or we will be placed in situations that make us feel that we don't belong. But its from these situations that we can learn about how we are in these tough situations and how to respond better to things that make upset or angry. We cannot be the masters of our own destiny, it is just too hard to try to control everything in our lives without forcing ourselves into a dark place of our own mind.

In tough times, feeling powerless can be the worst thing for some people. We might feel as though even if it is our life, it is not ours to control. This just makes the situation worse as we are forced to recognize our faults as humans and as people. This is especially difficult for students as we have always been told to look past our faults and focus on our strengths. But we cannot keep out our demons forever, sometimes we have to face who we are. This might put us in a dark place but at the end of the day it can help us grow into the people we have the potential to become. Life is meant to be hard and this is why we need to have people there to talk to and turn to so that we can share details on how to change ourselves or how to learn from a situation. A good support system is always beneficial in helping us change the mentality that we have forced ourselves to believe. This can and will only benefit us to become better people overall.

Feeling powerless is strange, its a feeling similar to feeling empty on the inside. It comes with feeling confused about who we are or feeling that we have messed up our lives. It isn't though and everyone feels powerless. Lebron James, leader of LA Lakers, probably feels powerless to lead his team into the playoffs sometimes but he overcomes this to become the person he needs to be. Each of us have a goal in mind and a simple shortcomings in our way shouldn't stop us.