We Don't Suck Anymore

We Don't Suck Anymore

Believe it the Cubs are going to the World Series

8
We Don't Suck Anymore
Twitter.com

October 22nd 2016....A date that will forever be engrained in the hearts of Chicago Cubs fans everywhere, the date the Cubs finally won the National League pennant and made their way back to the WORLD SERIES!!! That's right, the wait is finally over, 71 years in the making. For 71 years, Cubs fans have gone through hell watching this team. 71 years of suffering and losing and more suffering. From watching hall of famers like Ron Santo, Ryan Sandberg and Ernie Banks to watching Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, and Javy Baez along with all the great players in between, it had been a long 71 years. Throughout those long 71 years, one thing never changed, the fans were always there. They endured it all. As the Cubs celebrated their pennant clinching win, one could feel the happiness, excitement, and relief that every single Cubs fan on the planet was experiencing. Images of the streets being flooded with celebrating fans and bars erupting, videos on Twitter and Facebook of houses filled with fans hollering and jumping for joy, and fans on TV crying tears of joy. Cubs fans everywhere were overcome with emotion. The Cubs had one again won a trip to the World Series. For 71 years, the City of Chicago had not been able to say those words. Now, after the well deserved celebration dwindles down to an end, the anticipation begins to once again build up, the excitement levels rise to an all time high and all the attention begins to turn to Tuesday night. Tuesday night marks the start of the World Series, where the Cubs will be taking on the Cleveland Indians. Tuesday also means one more important thing, 4 wins away. 4 wins away from breaking an even more important streak. 4 wins away from pushing Cubs fans into a party that may never end. 4 wins away from making every Cubs fan in the world's dream come true. As I sit here writing this article, the feeling I have right now over the Cubs is indescribable. I'm only 19 years old and getting to experience my first Cubs World Series. My dad is in his 40s and he is experiencing his first, My grandpa, in his 60s experiencing his first and my other grandpa watching it all happen from above. This is the reality of this World Series. Generations of Cub fans experiencing it all for the first, some unfortunately didn't make long enough and get to experience it from up above. With all this, we are all experiencing it all together for the first time. The years of waiting are finally over. We finally have the chance to watch the Cubs play in the World Series and fight for those 4 more wins to send us all into a frenzy. As for now, Cub fans everywhere hold their breath in hope for 4 more wins.