The things our dogs do for us can melt our hearts.

I Asked 13 People What Their Favorite 'We Don't Deserve Dogs' Moments Were

And here's what they said.

2701
Eric Ward

I'm not sure how this all happened. I'm not sure how they became such a big part of our lives. What I do know though is that without our furry little rascals, our lives would not be the same. From companions to best friends, to family, our dogs are crucial beings in our elements. They cheer us up, they keep us company, they go on adventures with us and they love us more than they love themselves. We are our dog's entire world. They stick around to bring us joy. They teach us how to love and be compassionate. They bring memories that last a lifetime.

Dogs are truly a gift from the universe. I asked 13 people what their favorite "we don't deserve dogs" moment was and this is what they said.

1. "When I was little and went swimming in my pool, my golden would run around the pool, jump in and pull me out by my hair because he thought I was drowning."

2. "No matter what time I get home, my dog comes running to the door to great me. If I'm having a bad day his warm welcome makes me forget all about it."

3. "I use to have piano lessons at home and every time I sat down to play, my dog would grab his rubber chicken and start squeaking it next to me. It was a whole concert let me tell you."

4. "My sister comes home at the same time every day and 10 minutes before she arrives our dog runs to the window, climbs on the couch to look out the window and waits to see her pull into the drive way."

5. "My dad tried to push me into the pool so my dog bit him where it hurts. Yes, right there."

6. "My dog was missing for two hours, turns out he snuck under the fence and went to play football with our neighbors who were having a BBQ."

7. "When we were training our dog, every time we asked her to bring her toy to us we would give her a treat. After that, she started bringing her toy at random times at the day for more treats."

8. "I took my dog to the vet one time, and the vet put his hand on my shoulder and my dog, who rarely ever barks, immediately started barking at him in complete anger."

9. "We got our yorkiepoo when my golden retriever was around 11 years old. We would feed them both at the same time but our yorkie mix would always let our retriever eat first. It's been 5 years since our retriever passed away and our yorkie still waits before eating."

10. "My dog always sits next to me while I study for my finals. Even if it's passed his bedtime."

11. "I took my dog out on the boat and when he saw the dolphins he started hopping up and down and when that wasn't enough excitement, he jumped in and started swimming next to them."

12. "I was taking the groceries out of the back seat of my car and when I wasn't looking my dog ran out of the house and into the back seat. I tried getting him out of the car but he refused. So I got my keys, took him for a drive around the block and then was able to get him out of the car. All he wanted was to go for a ride."

13. "When my cousin gave birth to her newborn, her dog got jealous and didn't come into the living room for two weeks. The day their dog finally did, he brought his favorite toy and laid it right next to the newborn baby. I guess it was like a welcoming gift. My cousin started crying. It was so cute."

I'm not sure how they do it, but these creatures have the power of melting our hearts.