We Are Not As Strong As You Think

We Are Not As Strong As You Think

Real men don't hide who they truly are.

16
We Are Not As Strong As You Think
About Quotes

Men are created to lead. We are designed to cultivate, create and contribute in a masculine way. Men are called to use their voices to challenge and champion others in order to advance the flourishing of earth. In males athletes, we see strength, power, aggression, passion. Through culture, we tend to see this as the male prototype. Always fierce, showing no weaknesses. We attribute certain emotions to women, as if we’re not susceptible to worry, jealousy, anxiety. If a man weeps, he’s weak. If he shares how he truly feels, he’s female dog (you know the word). If a man shows concern for others, he’s no longer considered strong. I’ve observed these things and have come to this conclusion: those of us who think like this are the real cowards. It’s easy to see a man cry and criticize him, but we overlook those men who have uncontrollable anger, as if that’s not an emotion. We question the heart of men you try to fit in, but we buy clothes and accessories and flaunt our possessions in order to receive approval from men. A lot of us wouldn’t hang out with some people if they didn’t measure up to our invisible standard that we uphold. The truth is, we’re insecure. We’re afraid of not being enough and so we masks our deepest fears in order to be "manly" among men. We’re afraid of what the next man might say if we don’t live a lifestyle that they want us to. I speak candidly about because I relate. I spent the first 20 years of my life seeking fulfillment in approval from others. I think it’s something we all struggle with, but seldom discuss. Real men exude strength by their weaknesses. They're honest with their failures and insecurities because their vulnerability empowers other men to do the same. There’s no need is masking the mistakes, the fears, the doubts. A real man makes his mark by exposing his scars for all to see, while not allowing them to hinder his progression.