We Are Called To Love Like Christ

We Are Called To Love Like Christ

even He loved the non believers, drug users, drunks, addicts, and more.

66
We Are Called To Love Like Christ
Natalia Parkinson

We're called to love like Jesus loved, right?

But that can sometimes be harder to do than to say we are going to do. Just remember: Jesus loved even the nonbelievers.

I'm not going to lie and say I always do this perfectly because I don't. I am human and I make mistakes. Just like we all do. I simply try to live each day with the "live like Christ, love like Christ" mindset.

We aren't only called to love the ones who are like us, but also those who different. The nonbelievers, drug users, drunks, addicts, and more, for if we don't show them the love of Christ, who will? Think about it, how are these people to come to know Jesus, if we aren't willing to love them like He did?

1 John 4:11 says this, "Dear friends, since God loved us that much surely we ought to love each other.''

God sent his only son to die for us upon the cross because His love for us is so great and you're scared to be seen eating with someone who is different, who is struggling? Well think about this, the church is a home for the broken, not a castle for the perfect.

John 13:34 says this "a new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another"

To love like Jesus, we must first realize that we can't do it on our own, for ith Christ we are nothing. To show God's love to others, we must first have God's love within us.

Don't worry if you fall short sometimes; we all do it. I will admit that I have fallen short of the call God placed upon us to love others as He first loved us. God's grace and love offer us forgiveness and a second chance.

So go out into the world and live each day with the mindset of "living like Christ, loving like Christ" and I promise that the world will be a better place.