We All Need To Be More Like Kid President

"You're awake, You're awesome, Live like that." - Kid President

44
plus.google.com

Some of you may know who Kid President is, and some of you may not. For those of you who don't, let me introduce you. This is Robby, aka Kid President. He began making videos in 2012 and hasn't stopped since. These videos are written and directed by Brad Montague, who first began the vision of Kid President. You can find some of the awesome videos that Brad has made via his website or through his YouTube via SoulPancake. His videos range from talking to girls to learning how to party, but they all share a general goal. Kid President's mission is to fill the world with love and show that even kids have the power to make a difference. Through the whirlwind of our adult lives, I think we all need a few reminders that Robby is very happy to give us. Here are a few videos that remind us of all those things, take a minute and learn from Kid President.

1. One of the superpowers we all have is the ability to change the future.

"You can be anything you want today, so be bold, be kind, be awesome." Kid President teaches us all a valuable lesson in this video: believing in others and believing in yourself can truly make a difference.

2. Things all of us need to say more in our lives.

No. 7 my sports team is not always the best sporting team

No. 4 I disagree with you, but I still like you as a person.

No. 20 Thank you

No. 19 Excuse me

No. 17 I'm sorry

No. 16 I forgive You

Kid President makes a point to highlight sayings and thoughts we forget to say on a daily basis. The above are some examples of phrases I forget to say, and I'm thankful that I could be reminded of such simple phrases that can mean so much.

3. Everyone needs a good pep talk from time to time.

"The world needs you, stop being boring."

This video reminds us all that even kids know what it means to be awesome. Kid President knows that through troubles, we must all keep going. He talks about people who accomplished their dreams and how those people didn't stop, no matter what. The most important thing I learned from this video was to be someone that will make the world awesome.

4. We all need to be reminded that fighting doesn't help anything.

Though we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, we all deserve to be treated with kindness. I'm not saying that we all need to be best friends, because that's unrealistic, but we all deserve respect, no matter our differences. This video was made during the last presidential election due to the political tension that arose that year. This video is just as relevant this year. We put our opinions into every situation without understanding that the difference is OK.

It's kind of sad that it takes a video by a kid for people to gain perspective of what is truly important in life. That's why kids are so awesome. They love unconditionally. They haven't been shaped by public opinion enough to understand what being a good person means. In college, I get so caught up in homework and school life that I can forget what it means to be a genuinely good person.

So for those of you who didn't know who Kid President was, you do now. I hope that your day was made just a little better by a kid saying important stuff and dancing around in a nice suit.