For the last ones born in the family, did you ever take a look at your older siblings and think, "Damn! I love you and I know we're related and all, but there are times where I need you to chill for a sec"?
You know, especially toward the older sibs that have that “been there, done that, you don’t know what you’re talking about! You’re beyond spoiled/I’m always right” kind of attitude? Don't worry, you know they still love you, so no harsh feelings!
You ever look at them sometimes and think, “I honestly believe I have a lot more common sense than you right now”?
Whether you take it as major shade, or acknowledge that there is a small percentage that what I'm about to say is true at times, here's the thing, ya'll—it needs to be said.
This is for all the baby brothers and sisters, for all the only children with some kind of older cousin or influence. Here are 9 legit reasons that prove maybe you should have been the older sibling after all:
(But let's face it... thank God you're not 'cause being the youngest is awesome.)
1. When it comes to fights, you'd rather actually not because no matter what, your older brother or sister acts like a teenager from beginning to end. So like, why waste your time, ole' wise one?
2. Your parents trust you more. A lot more.
4. You always always always end up sounding like a damn fortune cookie whenever you give them advice. (Then you give yourself credit for the shit you pulled.)
5. Oftentimes—and I mean, you hear this coming out of their mouths when they finally realize—“you’re right.”
6. They ask for your money. Obviously they pay you back… eventually.
7. After sharing a roof with them, you compare habits and realize your choices are actually smarter. BUT, you can’t suggest anything to them or else you’ll get your head ripped off by their deadly, death stare.
8. If they ever have a crisis, they always come crying to you first cause let’s face it, you’ll always be the “reasonable” one in the family. Go younglings!
9. The amount of patience that Mary, Mother of baby Jesus, has blessed upon you.
No matter how much they annoy the hell out of you—and trust me when I say this—they will ALWAYS be the older sib. So your chance in being one is zero to none obviously.
But you know deep down, without them, you wouldn't have been able to discover your great qualities, you wouldn't have the chance to grow, and no one will ever love you as much as they always will.
Plus, who else would have your back? Mine doesn't, unless I do something in return, but you get the point.