6 Ways To Successfully Survive Online Classes Amidst COVID-19

A simple guide on taking online classes while practicing self-isolation.

41

Due to the current state of the world, universities in the US have been closed and classes have been shifted to online platforms. This means that there will be a lot of adjustments to your lifestyle.

So I will give you a few tips on how to survive online classes successfully while under quarantine.

1. Have a detailed schedule.

This is the most important activity you have to do at the beginning of each week. As the saying goes, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. It is essential that you have a schedule you can follow and know what to do when. Having everything in your head is a very bad idea because we're humans and we forget often.

The first thing you can do is to put the already set times for your in-person classes that you had at the beginning of the semester. They should be used for attending live-online lecture, watch lecture videos, read articles.

Figure out meal times so that online school is planned adequately around it.

2. Update your schedule.

As the day or week goes, it is also important to review what part of your schedule is working and if the times allocated for each class activity are adequate. Adjust as you go along. You will not get your schedule right the first time and that is okay.

3. Get a quiet study area.

Silver iMac on desk near window

Photo by Jeff Sheldon on Unsplash

A comfortable chair and table and a quiet space should do the trick. The main goal is to try and mimic a classroom setting as much as you can. Avoid studying on your bed, you will only be calling on the spirit of sleep.

4. Find online study groups.

One of the biggest advantages of studying in-person was being able to do online study groups. Homework could be done at home while exchanging ideas through video call. It could be very interesting and at least keep you entertained.

5. Get some exercise.

Woman exercising indoors

Photo by Jonathan Borba on Unsplash

Exercise is also really helpful even if it is just getting your steps in. Walking around your neighborhood or following a YouTube video to exercise your muscles are ways to stay healthy.

6. Do something fun!

Take out time to do an activity that you love. Allocate time out of your day to relax and reward yourself for working so hard. You deserve it.

There are many more steps that you could take to have a successful online class without feeling weighed down and bored. I hope this was helpful. Happy Studying!!