Unconventional Ways to Show People You Love Them

Subtle Ways To Show People That You Love Them

Because saying I Love You just isn't enough sometimes!

17

Sometimes, it's hard to get through to people when they're having a difficult time. We all experience rough patches in our lives and have to lean on our friends or family. Here are some ways to help your friends or loved ones that they are cared for and important to you. Actions speak so much more than words of encouragement.

1. Stop by their favorite food place to pick them up a snack!

Everyone loves a little break from work, and what better way to do that than food? Snacks keep us motivated, and taking the initiative and remembering their favorite food shows that you care about their likes/disliked. Guaranteed best part of my day if my friend brought me my favorite snack.

2. Organize an activity that you've always wanted to do together.

Sometimes, all it takes is getting away from routine. Weeks can blend together when all you're doing is work and sleep, so switching things up and doing that bike ride or game night is a great way to reach out to someone you love.

3. Send them cute dog videos/memes/tweets.

My brain always lights up when my friends send me pictures or funny things! It shows that you know what they like. It's a subtle way of saying, this reminds me of you and I took the time out of my day to make sure you saw it.

4. Make a list of all the things you appreciate about them.

I love the idea of this because it's a great way to remind someone of their little quirks and how they contribute to the world. Sometimes, we forget how special we are and this is a great reminder!

5. Remind them of how much they mean to you out of the blue.

Receiving (and SENDING) these texts will warm your heart guaranteed! Yes, they're mushy but it's 100% worth it to put how you feel into words.

It's February so it reminds everyone of Valentines Day, and often times that has negative connotations for many people. Rather than dwell on negative feelings towards love/all that gushy stuff, I urge you to remind the people you have in your life how much they mean to you.