5 Ways To Save Money As A College Student

The best revenge is your paper

26

College students acquire a lot of expenses that seriously affect the size of their wallets. Here are some ways to save money but still have nice things while in college!

1) Buy in bulk

Buying in bulk is one of the easiest ways to save money while in college. Try to buy items that won't spoil from wholesale stores such as BJ's, Costco, or Sam's Club. Wholesale places also have a lot of discounts and promotions can seriously help your wallet!

2) Shop with friends

When buying room essentials and groceries, you are most likely going to overlap your roommates. So buy things together and split the cost! That way, you only end up paying a portion of the cost instead of buying it completely on your own.

3) Rent or buy used textbooks

Textbooks can be really expensive and new editions with minor changes come out every year for extra costs. Try using websites such as Chegg or Textbook Rental to rent your textbooks for cheap or ask your professor if you could make do with an older version.

4) Store Cards and Coupons

Most stores offer store cards that will end up saving you a lot of money on almost every item in the store. They're usually free to get so get all the benefits and deals that comes with the store cards! Also, if you have a store card then you'll most likely receive some coupon booklets that can also help you save so much money.

5) Create a budget

Creating a budget will help keep you on track and stray you away from spending on unnecessary items. A budget will keep you disciplined and happy at the end of the month when you don't feel so broke!