7 Little Ways To Know You've Got A Keeper

Actions usually speak louder than words.

103

When dating someone, you usually determine pretty early on whether or not they are a “keeper." Hopefully, if you don’t think they are, you do yourselves both a favor and end the relationship, but that’s beside the point.

Sometimes it’s hard for us to realize what exactly makes them a keeper, and it differs from person to person depending on what they are looking for in a relationship.

There are several little things you can pick up on that your guy may do to show that he’s in it for the long run or prove that he’s a gentleman looking out for your best interest.

1. He remembers little details.

Remembering things you mention in casual conversation and storing them away in his memory to use for later can lead to plenty of sweet gestures. Remembering things such as a favorite song, mentioning how much you love a certain type of flower, pointing out something you’ve always wanted, etc. Sometimes we don’t even remember that we’ve mentioned them to them, so it’s an even better surprise when we realize they remember.

2. He always keeps you on the inside when walking on the sidewalk.

This is something that true gentleman will always be sure to do when walking close to a road. It’s just a small gesture to show that he will always be the one protecting you and keeping you safe from harm.

3. He can make you laugh when you don't even want to smile.

Whether you’re in the worst mood ever or just want to cry, being with someone who never lets you stay angry or upset is like a breath of fresh air that you will always have. I have a short temper and can go from 0 to 100 within a matter of seconds, and even in those moments when I’m seeing red or something has me in tears, my boyfriend knows exactly what to say or do to put a smile on my face and make everything better.

4. He takes an interest in your life.

He doesn’t zone out when you’re telling him the latest gossip between your friend group or telling him a story about something that happened when he wasn’t around. He remembers your friends' names, even if he hasn’t met them yet, and knows who you are close to and who you value in your life. He takes the time to learn about your talents, goals, favorite things, and always wants to know anything new going on with your life and wants to take an active role in it.

5. He isn't afraid to talk about the future.

Saying “we” or including you in future plans is a sure sign that he hopes to have you in his life for a long time.

6. He values your opinion.

Asking your thoughts or opinions on even the smallest things shows that he wants to know how you think and what you think. Whether it be asking what color shirt he looks best in or asking your opinion on a personal conflict he’s having, the simple fact is that he values your opinion and wants to listen to you.

7. He isn't afraid to let you know how he feels.

It’s not always in words, but in actions. If he is constantly showing you in little ways that he cares and how much he loves and appreciates you, you probably have a keeper.

If your man displays any of these, you may be lucky enough to have yourself a “keeper.”