5 Way To Have The Most Productive Summer

Make the most out of your vacation by following these tips to live your best summer life.

414

Going back home for the summer and not having to worry about school anymore is an exciting concept, but three months of getting lazy can make it hard to jump back into the grind once fall comes back around.

The best way to keep active and mentally sharp during the summer is being productive every single day in any way that suits your wants and needs. Focusing on yourself and getting the most out of your summer will lead you into the school year with a positive outlook that will radiate throughout the year.

1. Get involved

Having something to do when your friends are busy, or if you find yourself bored most of the time, will stimulate a sense of productivity that will allow for a healthier mindset during a long vacation. Finding a job that allows you to stay on a steady schedule will make it easier to transition back into a semester of classes for your next term. Being able to have something to do while getting paid will also contribute to any activities or shopping carts you have pending. If committing to a job does not inspire you enough, volunteering locally is another alternative to remaining active, while giving you a positive purpose. Having something that gets you out of bed a couple of days a week will balance out your summer while still making it feel like a much-needed vacation.

2. Work out

If you haven't had enough time to work out during finals or the rest of the semester, summer is the best time to begin without being on a time crunch. Physical activity will not only help you perfect your summer body but it will leave you feeling healthy and energetic for the short time you aren't walking across campus every day. Signing up for a gym membership or performing simple exercises at home will keep your mind and body in shape without the stress of classes.

3. Journaling

In almost every class, a form of writing is required, and the best way to keep your mind going without stress is journaling. Writing a half a page or more every day about your thoughts or ideas will clear your mind while subconsciously practicing your writing skills. Not having school for three months can get routine without the fast-paced lifestyle that FSU provides, and journaling can become a fun hobby that provides mental health and academic benefits so that you can live your best life during the summer.

4. Self-care

With the stresses of assignments and studying during the school year, self-care may not have been your first priority, but summer is the perfect opportunity to rekindle that light within your inner self. Take the time to relax and do things that make you happy, in order to achieve a peaceful and less chaotic mindset. Whether it's nourishing your body, going outside, being with family, or getting your nails done, focus on yourself as much as you can (while you can) so that you can start off the next school year looking and feeling your best.

5. Stay social

Being at FSU allows you to interact with more than just the people in your classes, but with friends who live in the same city every day. It is easy to isolate yourself when you go home for summer because you may not live as close to your college friends, but reaching out to high school peers or individuals near you will bring more positive energy to your summer. Having a couple of people to go on outings with for summer will add more memories and excitement to your days while giving you physical social interaction for a healthier mindset. Making new friends or strengthening bonds is a great way to remain productive for the months where school is in the back of your mind.