8 Ways For FGCU Students To Get Involved

Connecting to your university is one of the MOST important college experiences.

6
Blue Sitten

Getting involved on campus can make your college experience worthwhile. It's how you make your nest, find your people, and feel connected to your university.

1. Campus Recreation

Most FGCU students don't know that Campus Rec actually has 8 facilities: NLV waterfront, Rec fields 1 & 2, Eagle Challenge Course, SoVi pool, Outdoor Complex, and the Aquatics Center. Campus Rec is also the largest student employer at FGCU, in case you wanted to work where you play. Really, Campus Rec is a great way to get involved on campus because there are SO many options for each and every interest.

2. Dirty Birds

If you have school spirit and love athletics, this is the organization for you. Dirty Birds is the official student section at sporting events. Get ready to deck out in FGCU colors and show your school spirit!

3. Multi-Cultural & Leadership Development

This office celebrates diversity and empowers students to grow in their leadership skills. MLD certificates can even help strengthen your resume, no matter what your field is.

4. Registered Student Organizations

The best way to find an RSO that suits you and your interests is Eagle Link. We have everything from the People Watching Club to the online writing community: Odyssey at FGCU.

5. Programming Board

PB hosts the best events on campus, and if you're interested in event planning, marketing, management, teamwork, or even concerts, this could be your ideal organization.

6. Resident Housing Association

RHA is a student-run organization that represents the in­terests and concerns of residential students. It's also a great way to develop leadership skills and make friends in your resident hall. Think you want to be an RA? This could help you test the waters!

7. Student Government

SG's mission statement is to maximize student potential, promote individuality, and enhance student success... So if you believe all that and take an interest in politics, then this could be the organization for you!

8. Eagle View Orientation 

Now, I might be a tad bias, but I deeply believe EVO is one of the most effective ways to get involved on campus. Going through six months of training in leadership, university knowledge, and teamwork can further your enthusiasm for FGCU and develop a plethora of life time skills.

Whether you're a sports junkie, a politics enthusiast, or you just like hammocking, FGCU has a nest for you.