10 Ways to Change Your Look

10 Ways to Change Your Look and Reinvent Yourself

It's time to change what you've been doing for years. It's time to reinvent yourself.

5

Change is bittersweet. It's always difficult to let go of what you've been comfortable with for years. But change is a positive experience because it gives you a fresh start. Change can make you feel more confident and give your life the rush of adventure you may need. Here are 10 ways to change your look so you can completely reinvent yourself and start fresh.

Get a Bold, New Haircut

The easiest (and most popular) way to change your appearance is by getting a haircut. That doesn't mean trimming a couple of inches off the ends. It means completely changing your hairstyle. There are so many directions you can go with this type of change. You can go from having super long hair to chopping it all off and rocking a bob cut. You could get bangs for the first time. You could shorten your hair and get layers. The possibilities are endless. Just make sure you've thought this one through and you're not chopping your hair off based on an impulse.

Start (or Stop) Wearing Glasses

If you need glasses or contacts to help with your vision, you can switch up the routine. If you've always worn contacts, try wearing glasses and see how it can completely transform your look. If you've always worn glasses, you can switch to contacts and it'll totally change your vibe. Or, you could just buy a different style of eyeglasses to switch up your look without using contacts. Read more here if you want to start using contacts instead of glasses.

Buy New, Different Styles Clothing

Your clothing says a lot about who you are. If you wear blazers and business suits people see you as a professional. If you wear long, flowy skirts people might see you as boho. If you wear leather jackets, you could have a more grunge look to you. No matter how you dress now, you can completely change your look and reinvent yourself by trying a new style of clothing. This can be difficult because you are so used to shopping at specific stores and buying the same type of clothing. Start by determining which style you want to go for and talk to people who have this style. As them for tips and where you should shop. Start out by just buying an outfit or two and seeing if it feels right to wear that style. If you love it, then you can continue to grow your wardrobe!

Switch Up Your Makeup Routine

The way you do your makeup can completely affect your appearance every day. You could start wearing more bold lipstick and eyeshadow to completely change your look. Or you could use darker or light colors. The ideas are endless! Check out YouTube makeup tutorials for some fun makeup ideas that are different from what you've been doing lately.

Stop Wearing Makeup All-Together

If you want to go all-natural, you could stop wearing makeup all-together, or only wear it on special occasions. This is a huge change, especially if you would wear a lot of makeup every day. Not wearing makeup will help you feel confident in your natural appearance and will also be great for your skin because it'll be able to breathe more throughout the day.

Whiten Your Teeth

This might seem like such a simple, small change, but it can make a huge difference. Your smile if often one of the first things people will notice about you when they meet you. If you don't feel confident in your smile or your teeth, you could really benefit from getting your teeth whitened. This will make you feel more comfortable smiling, which totally brightens your entire appearance.

Dye Your Hair

Just as getting a bold haircut can be a huge change in appearance, so is dying your hair. This is one of (if not the most) popular ways to change an appearance. If you have light hair, you could dye it dark or go for a super bold color. If you've had dark hair your whole life, you can add some blonde to your hair to completely change your look. The choices are endless when it comes to dying your hair, so make sure you do your due diligence before deciding on a color.

Wear Different Accessories

Accessories may seem like such a small part of an outfit, but they can really change your whole vibe. If you never used to wear accessories, simply adding some jewelry a watch, a hat, or bold sunglasses can give you an entirely new look without changing your style overall. You can use accessories to switch up your current wardrobe and give it a fresh new feeling without breaking the bank on new clothes.

Get in Shape

This is the most difficult and time-consuming tip on this blog. Getting fit requires dedication and hard work. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you can start to feel and look healthier than ever. Getting fit will give you an increase in confidence that some of the other tips can't do. This is because you are making yourself healthy by working hard, which makes you feel really great about yourself.

Be Confident in Yourself

Once you've made changes to your appearance, it's important to be confident in yourself. The difference between two identical people (one confident, one not) is huge. Confidence really pulls a new look together and will make you feel great about the reinvented person you've become.