It's Finally (Almost) Summer, So Here Are 5 Ways To Spend It

Just in case you have a week plus finals left and you are dreaming of going home for summer vacation like I am.
118

Finally, the time that we have all dreamed of. It’s summer, or almost, and I could not be happier. Start thinking about everything that you want to do this summer and try to do all of it because this is going to be a summer to remember.

1. Relax.

You deserve a break after a whole year of working hard at school and taking a total of 10 (or more) classes in just two semesters. We all know the struggle of finding balance while away at school, so after finals just go home and take a bit of time to just destress and prepare yourself for a summer of fun and sunshine. Lay outside and tan (use sunscreen so you don’t burn), learn how to bake something sweet, catch up on your favorite show, and sleep as much as possible.

2. Work.

If you’re like me, you can’t possibly just sit around all day and wait for plans to happen. Get a part-time job and make some money this summer. Luckily for me, I have a job at home and I’ll be working, but if you don’t have one then look into industries that are always hiring such as restaurants and places like Target. You’ll have money to spend for next semester and you’ll keep yourself from going absolutely stir crazy.

3. Catch up with home friends.

Take this summer to really hang with the friends that don’t go to school with you. This will make you happier than anything in the whole world because you’ll be able to see the people who know you better than anyone else. I can’t wait to go home and hang out with my two best friends as much as possible because I have absolutely no idea how I’ve survived this year without seeing them every day like I did in high school.

4. Go on adventures.

Explore places that you haven’t been before and revisit places that you go to all the time. It’s summer, be creative and adventurous and try new things. If you live anywhere near Exton, Pennsylvania, you should definitely be going to places like Marsh Creek, St. Peter’s Village, and Yellowstone this summer for super Instagram worthy pictures and life-long memories with your friends.

5. Be you.

Do anything and everything that makes you happy. Do what you want to do this summer because everyone needs to have a few months where there’s no stress and everything is as happy as possible. Take advantage of all that your hometown has to offer and venture off into new places that sound interesting to you. Go to museums and parks and the beach, or try sailing or paddle boarding at your local lake. Break out of your comfort zone and be true to yourself too, it’s all so important to keep yourself happy this summer.

So happy (almost) summer to my fellow Blue Hens, and happy summer to basically everyone else.

Make a summer bucket list with your friends and try to actually check everything off for once, because we all know that the list gets forgotten about somewhere around June 20 almost every year.