Eight Ways To Show Kindness During The Holidays

It feels great knowing that you put a smile on someone's face

126
quotesgram.com

The holiday season is my favorite time of year. This is the time of the year where you get to spend precious time and moments with family and friends. This isalso the time of year that you stress about what gifts to get for your family and friends. What if you sacrificed buying gifts for loved ones this year and did something different? Here are eight ways to show kindness during the holidays. Remember, small and even random acts of kindness go a long way.

1. Donate old, unused clothes to a local Goodwill store or thrift store

Remember that shirt or dress that you've never worn, and it's been in your closet for like three years? Exactly, you don't remember, and you probably will never wear it. Donating unused clothes is a great way to expand your closet space for clothes that you will actually wear and also provide clothing for someone in need.

2. Call a friend you haven't talked to all year

Everyone is busy, especially during the semester. Catching up with an old friend who you haven't talked to in a while shows that you still think about and care about that person.

3. Collect cans of food and donate them to a food bank

Look in your pantry at home, and I guarantee you that you will find at least five non-perishable food items.

4. Smile at a stranger.

You never know, one of the people who you smile at could end up getting you a future job or end up being your boss.

5. Give an unexpected generous tip to make someone’s day

You can also write a nice, sweet note on the receipt!

6. Give a genuine compliment every day to someone

Make someone feel special!

7. Visit a nursing home

Spread some holiday cheer by making holiday cards for the elderly or singing Christmas carols!

8. Donate blood

If you're a broke college student like I am, you might not have the funds to donate to a charity. Donating blood is a free alternative and a great way to give back.