winter break binge watching

7 Shows You Need To Binge Watch This Winter Break Now That Finals Are Over

We deserve it after the stress last semester put us through.

96
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDv6PRi1SgQ

Congratulations! We survived yet another semester of college. The deadlines of essays and exams no longer loom over our heads, and we can finally watch Netflix and Amazon Video in peace.

With all this newfound freedom, what better time is there than now to start up a new series and finish it all in just a few sittings. Then, you start another right after just because you can.

That being said, you wouldn't want to waste your time on series that suck. So, here is my list of shows that I think everyone should watch.

1. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"

This Amazon Prime series truly has it all. It follows a 1950s Jewish housewife after her husband leaving her for another woman. She's obviously devastated and ends up drunk in front of a microphone in a comedy club just talking about her situation, and, man, is she funny.

The series follows her finding her footing as a comedian in a world where women are solely housewives. It has amazing whit, costumes, sets, and some great quirky characters. How could you not love Mrs. Maisel?

2. "Grace and Frankie"

So, you're at the point in your life where everything is settling down. It is almost time for retirement and a life of leisure with your family. Sounds peaceful right? Well, not in this case.

This hilarious series opens with Grace (Jane Fonda) and Frankie (Lily Tomlin) learning that their husbands, who have been law partners for years, are leaving them because they are in love with each other. The two women, who couldn't be more opposite from one another, have no choice but to move into the beach house they bought together as friends years ago.

Grace is a hard-working, practical woman who plays by the rules. Frankie, on the other hand, is quite the free spirit who smokes pot, meditates, and loves to paint. You'll have a blast watching it all play out.

3. "The Vampire Diaries"

Okay, okay, if you aren't already a fan, I know what you're thinking. "Oh great, another vampire love triangle... just like Twilight, really original. So cheesy." But seriously, that is NOT the case. Trust me on this one, you will love these characters like they are your own friends.

This show plays with your emotions in the best possible way all the way through. There is major eye candy with the Salvatore Brothers, humor, suspense, and romance. What more could you possibly want?

4. "Schitts Creek"

We're all out here dreaming of going from the college rags to the grown-up riches, but this show is about a wealthy family who does exactly the opposite.

This clueless family loses every penny to their name except a town one of them had bought as a joke, Schitt's Creek. Having money has caused this family to have to spend very little time together and not really use their brains all too often. That all changes when they end up having to live in a beat-down motel in a small town.

5. "Sex and the City"

Ahh, a true classic. If you haven't been living under a rock for your entire life, you've probably heard of this story about an iconic group of women living in New York City. That being said, because of it's fame, you might not have given it a second thought to watch now that you're of age.

This show just paints the picture of a dream life for a woman in her twenties. Four fun and adventurous besties living in one of the most glamorous cities in the world, never seeming to run out of money. Their only care in the world is looking for Mr. Right.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy a girl's night out without even having to leave your couch.

6. "Big Mouth"

Disclaimer: this show isn't for the easily offended. I'm a fan of the show, and most of the time I am sitting there cringing. That being said, this show would definitely not be what it is with any sort of filter.

A raunchy, but brutally honest take on the journey of middle schoolers going through puberty.

7. "Game of Thrones"

Couldn't round out my list without talking about one of the most raved about series of late. In a battle for the iron throne, the Lannisters and Starks are constantly at each other's throats. This story creates a rich fantasy land that will keep you on the edge of your seat every time. From bonds with dragons to romantic relationships and war there are so many layers to this story.

If you are a fan of Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings you are bound to love this one. There also couldn't be a better time to binge the series than now, as the final season comes out in April.

So now that you've read the list, go curl up on your couch, call over some friends (or not), grab some snacks, and get to watching!