13 Reasons You Should Be Watching 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

...besides the fact that it is a MARVEL-ous TV show.

35

With five seasons and 110 episodes to date, and season six on its way, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." deserves a whole lotta love.

1. The family.

Each of the individual character arcs and dynamics is worth celebrating and exploring; however, the overall family dynamic is the winner.

2. The dad jokes.

Let's just say they make frequent appearances...

3. Tie-ins to other Marvel movies.

If you've ever wondered what the ripple effects of major events in the MCU are, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has you covered! (Including an appearance from Agent Carter herself!)

4. The best supporting characters ever.

From Raina's charismatic charm to the Koenigs' endearing dorkiness, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." invests in making side characters memorable and heroic.

5. The cast.

They're fun, they're passionate, and they care about both who they portray and the message that "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." gives to the world: whether "it's one man, or all mankind – they're worth saving."

6. Each season takes on a whole new level of awesome.

Everyday life of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents? Check.

Evil terrorist organization is taking over again? Check.

Distant galaxies and a reincarnated devil? Check.

Did I mention a virtual reality world? We've got that too.

Oh, and space. Been there, done that, TWICE.

7. Character arcs.

"Started from the bottom and now we're here" has never been more real. The past five years have transformed bright-eyed young scientists into experienced field agents and a tagalong hacker into a superhero, watched as the world was destroyed – and saved – and seen the depths of grief overcome through hope.

8. The diversity of cast and characters.

And I'm not just talking about race. Let's hear it for people of all ages and backgrounds, countries and religions, both disabled and superpowered coming together with the common goal of saving the world (or destroying it; it depends on whose side they're on).

9. PLOT TWISTS!!

Oh, you think you know what's going to happen? Spoiler alert, you're probably wrong.

10. People die, but some don't stay that way...

I mean, there are equal chances of coming back as a legendary leader or as the equivalent of a newly reincarnated Satan, just saying...

11. Cliffhangers.

The show writers seem to think it's funny to leave characters in mortal peril from episode to episode – and between seasons. Cliffhangers frequently include death, dying, distant galaxies... don't say I didn't warn you!

12. All the feels.

Grab a tissue – or a box – because you're going to need them.

13. Once you start, it's hard to say goodbye.

*Laughs nervously.* I don't think I could stop watching if I tried.

For all of the reasons above, and hundreds more, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will reel you in and never let go.

**DISCLAIMER** Side effects may include tears, anxiety over characters' fates, sudden desire to wear leather jackets, and an overwhelming urge to "BE THE SHIELD" and protect people from threats they didn't know existed.